IE9 Counterproductive RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello,

My company recently updated my computer to Windows 7 Professional with IE9. Unfortunately I have found it to be anything but user friendly or time saving. In fact I am using Google Chrome to navigate this site as IE9 blocks almost all links.

I need to use the internet quite often and need to have the ability to choose links, open files, and move between windows. IE9 all but cripples my ability to do that. Blocking me from clicking on a link or opening a document or file. It does not even allow for saving CSV files or almost any other file for that matter to a chosen location. They just vanish, leaving me no option to save as. This is something I need to be able to do multiple times a day. 

I really don't think I need Microsoft as a babysitter blocking my ability to navigate the internet. Why would you release a version of IE that cripples productivity and all but makes internet navigation a time consuming, frustrating joke?

I would also suggest as you look for solutions to the IE9 debacle that you reconsider Windows 7 Professional as well. When I click on an icon to open it I don't want it to drop down to the task bar unopened, requiring me to take a second unnecessary  step to open it. Does it think we are stupid and don't know whether we really want to open the program? I find time consuming extra steps need to be taken with almost every task I need to complete. Progress? New and improved? I think not. 

• Changed type Nicholas Li Monday, March 25, 2013 8:52 AM
    Thursday, March 14, 2013 4:11 PM

All replies

• Hi,

these are public peer to peer support forums....

Does your company know you are running chrome on their computers? Have you tried your company's Help desk for support with IE?

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Rob^_^

Friday, March 15, 2013 1:58 AM