Email Address Policies Troubles RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm busy working on a multi-tenants Exchange 2013, and I have interesting situation I'd need help with.

Setup:
    A resource forest with an empty root domain and a sub-domain where Exchange servers are installed,
    Multiple forest where "human"users will live.In the Resource sub-domain I have created one dedicated OU / tenants,  the linked mailbox user are stored under the right OU.

I try to setup Email Address Policy based on the Recipient Container, so that User in OU Tenant001 get an e-mail address %1g.%s@tenant001.com

The policy is created, the "apply to" simulation in the EAC shows the rights recipient.. BUT the policy never gets applied (and i did run update-emailaddresspolicy more than needed) 

I have tried all the possible way to do it, I can't get them properly applied. 

Intersting fact: If i create a local mailbox (thus not a linked mailbox), the policy applied properly.

any idea where I should look ?

thanks,

Chris

Wednesday, October 8, 2014 2:45 PM

Answers

• In my experience, using custom attributes are always better for just about everything in a multi-tenant environment. 

http://msexchangeteam.in/linked-mailbox-in-exchange-server-2013-part-3/

DJ Grijalva | MCITP: EMA 2007/2010 SPA 2010 | www.persistentcerebro.com

Wednesday, October 8, 2014 4:13 PM
  • Hi,

According to your description, I understand that you have an issue about email address policy cannot apply to linked mailbox.

Please try to perform DJ Grijalva’s steps, then use following command to check whether the e-mail address policy is used for linked mailbox:
    1. This example finds the GUID of an e-mail address policy abc.com.
    Get-EmailAddressPolicy -Identity "abc.com" | FL GUID
    2. This example lists the members of an e-mail address policy by using the GUID of the e-mail address policy abc.com.
    Get-Recipient -Filter {PoliciesIncluded -like '{82025f12-8000-4d5e-8059-c052f9355125}*'}

Otherwise, I find an extend question about Exchange 2007 Linked mailboxes created by import-csv do not have Email Address Policy properly applied, for your convenience:
    http://www.experts-exchange.com/Software/Server_Software/Email_Servers/Exchange/Q_23451613.html
    Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Best Regards,
    Allen Wang

• Marked as answer by Mavis_Huang Monday, October 20, 2014 2:52 AM
    Tuesday, October 14, 2014 3:35 AM

All replies

• In my experience, using custom attributes are always better for just about everything in a multi-tenant environment. 

http://msexchangeteam.in/linked-mailbox-in-exchange-server-2013-part-3/

DJ Grijalva | MCITP: EMA 2007/2010 SPA 2010 | www.persistentcerebro.com

Wednesday, October 8, 2014 4:13 PM
  • Hi,

According to your description, I understand that you have an issue about email address policy cannot apply to linked mailbox.

Please try to perform DJ Grijalva’s steps, then use following command to check whether the e-mail address policy is used for linked mailbox:
    1. This example finds the GUID of an e-mail address policy abc.com.
    Get-EmailAddressPolicy -Identity "abc.com" | FL GUID
    2. This example lists the members of an e-mail address policy by using the GUID of the e-mail address policy abc.com.
    Get-Recipient -Filter {PoliciesIncluded -like '{82025f12-8000-4d5e-8059-c052f9355125}*'}

Otherwise, I find an extend question about Exchange 2007 Linked mailboxes created by import-csv do not have Email Address Policy properly applied, for your convenience:
    http://www.experts-exchange.com/Software/Server_Software/Email_Servers/Exchange/Q_23451613.html
    Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Best Regards,
    Allen Wang

• Marked as answer by Mavis_Huang Monday, October 20, 2014 2:52 AM
    Tuesday, October 14, 2014 3:35 AM