HELP I PAID TO GET A RECONDITIONED WINDOWS 7 COMPUTER - I AM 81 YRS OLD AND DON'T WANT TO HAVE WINDOWS 10 THE MACHINE ON ITS OWN IS DOWNLOADING IT TAKE IT AAWAY HELP!!! RRS feed

• Question

• I AM ON SOCIAL SECURITY AND PAID OUT OVER $200 FOR A RECONDITIONED WINDOWS 7(l IKE i had before it crashed) . I don't want Windows 10 just leave my Windows 7 alone  somehow it started a WINDOWS 10 DOWNLOAD NO NO NO I DON'T WANT IT! TAKE IT AWAY PLEASE. HELP[ ME I JUST WANT TO HAVE MY ALREADY FAMILIAR WINDOW 7 TO DO MY LETTER WRITING AS I CAN'T USE PEN OR PENCIL ANYMORE DUE TO ARTHRITIS FINGERS.  i AM TOO OLD TO LEARN ANOTHER PROGRAM AND MY OTHER SENIOR FRIENDS SAY IT IS DIFFICULT - DON'T NEED THAT KIND OF STRESS IN MY LIFE.  HELP HELP ME PLEASE.
    Wednesday, May 25, 2016 5:47 PM

Answers

• Hi DAISYMinerva,

Don’t worry, we can follow the article in the following link step by step and check the result.

How to prevent Windows 10 upgrade files from downloading automatically on your PC:

http://www.windowscentral.com/how-prevent-windows-10-upgrade-files-downloading-pc

Please Note: Since the websites are not hosted by Microsoft, the links may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, May 26, 2016 12:07 PM