none
outlook exchange dysfunctional after mandatory update

Question

• Recently (first week of March) I received a notice from Microsoft that I must download an update in order to keep receiving mail through my Outlook program. The download not only changed the appearance of my Outlook but now it indicates I have new mail but it does not show it in the folder. For instance just now it indicates I have 9 new messages in one account but only shows the mail I received 2 days ago which only showed up after I had to log in through my internet providers webpage. I am running 2016, 64 bit Office Professional on Windows 10. I have searched trying to find and uninstall the update without success. After numerous attempts at opening closing the Outlook program throughout the day, my private pop-mail eventually appears in their designated folders however an ancient MSN (now Hotmail Account) will not show up until the following day if at all. Up until this recent update all 4 out of 4 accounts worked perfectly. Now it is a continual constant battle to access my emails. I have several accounts for personal, family, finance and business and my primary objective for buying MS Office Pro was for the convenience of accessing all of my accounts on one page. Please.....someone, anyone let me know how to deal with this issue. Thank you!
    Wednesday, March 22, 2017 3:56 PM

All replies

• Recently (first week of March) I received a notice from Microsoft that I must download an update in order to keep receiving mail through my Outlook program. The download not only changed the appearance of my Outlook but now it indicates I have new mail but it does not show it in the folder. For instance just now it indicates I have 9 new messages in one account but only shows the mail I received 2 days ago which only showed up after I had to log in through my internet providers webpage. I am running 2016, 64 bit Office Professional on Windows 10. I have searched trying to find and uninstall the update without success. After numerous attempts at opening closing the Outlook program throughout the day, my private pop-mail eventually appears in their designated folders however an ancient MSN (now Hotmail Account) will not show up until the following day if at all. Up until this recent update all 4 out of 4 accounts worked perfectly. Now it is a continual constant battle to access my emails. I have several accounts for personal, family, finance and business and my primary objective for buying MS Office Pro was for the convenience of accessing all of my accounts on one page. Please.....someone, anyone let me know how to deal with this issue. Thank you!

What exactly was this update? Microsoft typically doesn't send out notices like that.

Exchange 2007 reaches end of life on April 11th. What’s your plan to move?

Wednesday, March 22, 2017 6:21 PM
  • Hi,

We haven't receive similar reports in this forum. Could you provide the build number of your Outlook client?

Have you tried repairing the problematic accounts to see the result? To do this, go to Account Settings, highlight your email account and then click Repair button.

In addition, we may also try to create a new mail profile and then configure your email accounts in the new mail profile to see the result. For your convenience:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/829918/how-to-create-profile-and-set-up-an-e-mail-account-in-outlook

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 23, 2017 9:14 AM