none
Recovery of of folders from imported tapes RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have been managing the backups here for 6 months now and I needed to re-inventory the annual tapes for the past years.

Some of those tapes were from another DPM server.

I had a recovery request and I'm having trouble getting what I need. A specific folder. The problem is that I have imported and recatalog the tapes, but I'm not able to see the list of folders on the tapes... 

Is it because this drive was backup on 2 tapes and i'm missing one? I'm confused...

Monday, September 8, 2014 1:05 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Yes, it is possible that the data source you want to recover a folder from spanned across multiple tapes, and until you re-catalog the other tape you will not see that data source listed under the external dpm tapes.  What you can do instead is right-click that tape and view the tape contents, and if that datasource is listed, select that data set and copy it to another volume.  As the data is restored, once you observe that the desired folder is restored, cancel the copy. Then you can manually copy the folder to the final destination and delete the restored data you don't need.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, September 8, 2014 1:31 PM