none
Cannot see My Tasks RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I have two projects that are currently hosted in PWA (ProjectA and ProjectB). ProjectA was created inside of PWA (I never created/modified the project using my client version of MS Project). ProjectB I created in PWA but using MS Project Desktop Client software to add tasks/modify tasks.

My user account has tasks assigned in ProjectA and ProjectB.  My user account is Project Online Premium license (I'm a project manager testing out PWA and testing it to see how it behaves).

When I navigate to Project Center and click Tasks, I see my ProjectA task but not the ProjectB task.  Not sure what is going on there.  I navigated in Project Center > ProjectB and see my name against the task but when I click Tasks under Project Center, again I only see the ProjectA Task

Any ideas why I cannot see ProjectB tasks?

Tuesday, December 12, 2017 10:12 PM

Answers

• Okay.  Open Project B in the project client.  

i) - is the resource you entered an enterprise resource? You have to add the resources to the project from the Enterprise Resource Pool.  Use CTRL-T to add the enterprise resource and assign them to tasks.

ii) - did you publish the project.  Each project MUST be published in order for the tasks to be seen by the resources in My Tasks.  You can find the publish button in the file tab.

iii).  Insert the column Publish in the Gantt Chart - ensure that it is set to YES for each task.  This is the default but who knows, it could have been changed on your system.

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | downloads | P2O

• Marked as answer by clay28 Wednesday, December 13, 2017 4:32 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by clay28 Wednesday, December 13, 2017 4:32 PM
    • Marked as answer by clay28 Wednesday, December 13, 2017 4:33 PM
    Wednesday, December 13, 2017 8:00 AM
  • Ben, thanks. It was ii) - I wasn't using the Publish. I went ahead and published and now I see those tasks.

Thank you.

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 4:33 PM

All replies

• If you go into the resource centre in PWA, select yourself, and select yourself, and click on Resource Assignments in the Ribbon, do you see the assignments for both Project A and Project B?

Tuesday, December 12, 2017 10:56 PM
  • Thanks again for the response.  When I navigate to PWA > Resource Center > My Name, see Resources ribbon and click Resource Assignments, I only see ProjectA.
      I don't see my task in ProjectB.
    • Edited by clay28 Wednesday, December 13, 2017 7:50 AM update
    Wednesday, December 13, 2017 7:50 AM
  • Okay.  Open Project B in the project client.  

i) - is the resource you entered an enterprise resource? You have to add the resources to the project from the Enterprise Resource Pool.  Use CTRL-T to add the enterprise resource and assign them to tasks.

ii) - did you publish the project.  Each project MUST be published in order for the tasks to be seen by the resources in My Tasks.  You can find the publish button in the file tab.

iii).  Insert the column Publish in the Gantt Chart - ensure that it is set to YES for each task.  This is the default but who knows, it could have been changed on your system.

• Marked as answer by clay28 Wednesday, December 13, 2017 4:32 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by clay28 Wednesday, December 13, 2017 4:32 PM
    Wednesday, December 13, 2017 8:00 AM
  • Ben, thanks. It was ii) - I wasn't using the Publish. I went ahead and published and now I see those tasks.

Thank you.

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 4:33 PM