Automation of basic authentication in web application RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i have a web application and we used to identify the username and password using the spy++ tool and pass the credential to the application(using win32api.findwindowbyid method), it is working fine in windows xp, but when i open my application in windows7 then the popup logon window differs from that of xp, so i am not able to find the controls to pass the credential.

Actually the username and password textbox id gets 00000000 in windows 7 so i am not able to identify the controls and pass the value.

Any help regarding same will be very helpful.

Thursday, April 19, 2012 11:47 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

If you check the Remember my credentials option, then type the username and password, can the user log in antomatically? You may find the record in Credential Manager.

Also, since the question is related to 3rd party application, maybe you may try to contact them for assistance.

Juke Chou

TechNet Community Support

Friday, April 20, 2012 10:07 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Actually what happens is i will open another window on top of it, where user will enter credential and from that window i will send the credential to this basic authentication window, and at the same time i will send the credential to SSO(single sign on) application to store credential.

the main purpose is that if user comes back to open the website then he does not have to provide credential again. it is a of customer care framewok concept.

i was just wondering if it can be possible in some way to implment this way.

Help please :)

Friday, April 20, 2012 10:19 AM
  • Hi,

I understand what you want to get, maybe you could try to post a thread at http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/categories for assistance. Your question is more like a development related question.

Juke Chou

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Juke Chou Sunday, May 6, 2012 9:57 AM
    Friday, April 20, 2012 10:32 AM