The future for ProClarity? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I am wondering about the latest news on the future of ProClarity. I have read earlier posts about this, but those were written before the announcement of the discontinuation of PerformancePoint Server. Where will ProClarity go and in what timeframe? I have potential clients wondering if there is any idea in investing time and resources to train their employees in ProClarity...

Will ProClarity-functionality be brought into Excel, so that Excel will be the only MS tool for analysis? What does MS say?

Thanks!
    Monday, October 19, 2009 6:39 AM

Answers

• Thanks a lot! Tack! :)
    • Marked as answer by Marcus84 Thursday, October 22, 2009 2:23 PM
    Thursday, October 22, 2009 2:23 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Have a look here: http://cwebbbi.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!7B84B0F2C239489A!5100.entry

ProClarity will be supported until 2012. There is no migration for briefing books in the next version of Office(2010) or Performance Point Services for SharePoint 2010.

Some of the visual tools will be part of Excel Services(heat maps) and PP Services for Sharepoint(Decomp tree).

Have a look here about Sharepoint 2010.

http://cwebbbi.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!7B84B0F2C239489A!5117.entry

BR
    Thomas Ivarsson

Thursday, October 22, 2009 10:10 AM
  • Thanks a lot! Tack! :)
    • Marked as answer by Marcus84 Thursday, October 22, 2009 2:23 PM
    Thursday, October 22, 2009 2:23 PM
  • This is a really late comment - but in case anyone searches for an answer:

There is a new tool in the market that is a really terrific upgrade and update for ProCalrity: Pyramid Analytics "bioXL".

It works and feels EXACTLY like ProClarity but comes with a new UI and many new features. It also works with PowerPivot. It even provides a framework for importing ProClarity and PAS content!!.

if Microsoft was going to update ProClarity - I think it would like this.

check it out: www.pyramidanalytics.com

Saturday, March 26, 2011 11:57 PM