none
Intune Password change affect existing enroll machine? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I got some question regarding to Intune, On my environment I am using joined method, on my machine I am using local administrator account and join and enrol into Intune. once successfully enrol (using this account User1@technet1.onmicrosoft.com) , then user will login into the machine using back the same account I used it to enoll "User1@technet1.onmicrosoft.com). 

1. Here is the question. on the azure portal I have change the password for the user. will it affect the enrolment of the user? because the user already enoll into the machine. will it get disconnect once I have change the password? do I need to re-enrol all the machine again?

2. if I change the hostname of the machine? will it affect my enrolment as well?

Thursday, September 12, 2019 3:41 AM

Answers

• 1. If it is Azure AD joined, then the user will need to login with the updated password

2. No, the device name should then update in Azure AD/Intune

• Marked as answer by Chang Hian Thursday, September 12, 2019 6:20 AM
    Thursday, September 12, 2019 4:39 AM
  • Hello,

Both of the two operations don't affect the enrollment.

By the way, you also can rename the device name in Intune if you don't want to touch the client devices.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/intune/device-rename

Best regards,

Andy Liu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 12, 2019 5:45 AM

All replies

• 1. If it is Azure AD joined, then the user will need to login with the updated password

2. No, the device name should then update in Azure AD/Intune

Thursday, September 12, 2019 4:39 AM
  • Hello,

Both of the two operations don't affect the enrollment.

By the way, you also can rename the device name in Intune if you don't want to touch the client devices.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/intune/device-rename

Best regards,

Andy Liu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 12, 2019 5:45 AM
  • HI all, Thanks for your Help.

I have tested as well, it will not affect the enrolment. user is still continues to join and enrol. user can still login into the machine. but on Intune I have set user will require to change their password once sign in. but on the login screen, it will not prompt to change to their password at the login screen but able to sign using the new password provided by me. user will only be prompt to change their password when they sign in into office 365 web site.

2. Once I change the host name on the machine, I realise it will get update on the Azure portal as well. no duplicate copy is in the portal. 

Thursday, September 12, 2019 6:20 AM