SMS 2003 Primary server disjoin and join in domain. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

we have SMS 2003 SP3 enivornment. I got kerberos error in event viewer under system log as below.

"The kerberos client received a KRB_AP_ERR_MODIFIED error from the server N048411D$. The target name used was RPCSS/N048411. This indicates that the password used to encrypt the kerberos service ticket is different than that on the target server. Commonly, this is due to identically named machine accounts in the target realm (DYNEGY.COM), and the client realm. Please contact your system administrator."

checked with our support team. they said the server has to be disjoined and join in the domain to reslove this issue.

what will be the impact from SMS side?

Thursday, September 9, 2010 1:46 PM

Answers

• Thanks for reply. I'll update once i complete.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 6:39 PM

All replies

• Assuming that is your primary site server, it may.

For paranoia, you might want to just consider it from the beginning as if you were replacing the hardware (even though you are not).  Take a SMS Backup just prior to the un-join/re-join.

You would likely get away with simply running a Site Reset after the re-join; but if you see any issues, just restore your site from the backup you took.  Since it's really same os, same name, same domain, etc.; it should be all smooth sailing.

Standardize. Simplify. Automate.
    Friday, September 10, 2010 1:29 PM
  • Thanks for reply. I'll update once i complete.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 6:39 PM