none
MDT GPO Pack - Action Center RRS feed

• Question

• I was planning on creating a GPO pack for MDT 2012 to disable the Action Center during my TS. When I try to locate that setting group in SCM it isn't available. When I go to gpedit.msc on my machine the setting I want to enable is: 

User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Start Menu and Taskbar\Remove the Action Center icon

Any ideas how I can enable this setting with a GPO Pack?

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 11:00 PM

Answers

• Kevin;

We know that there are still a lot of user settings to add to SCM, we keep adding more and more with each release. We also want to add support for additional types of settings, but the next release will focus on Windows 8, Windows Server 2012, and a few other new products.

But you don't need to wait for the next version of SCM to make progress. You can configure the setting(s) on your reference machine, then create a GPOPack using LocalGPO, there's no dependency on SCM in that case. Here are the instructions from the Windows 7 Security Guide:

To create a local GPOPack

1. Log on to the computer as an administrator.
    2. On the computer, click Start, click All Programs, and then click the LocalGPO folder to open it.
    3. In the LocalGPO folder, right-click LocalGPO, and then choose Run as administrator to open the tool command prompt with full administrative privileges.

Note   If prompted for logon credentials, type your user name and password, and then press Enter.

1. At the command prompt, type cscript LocalGPO.wsf /Path: "c:\GPOBackups" /Export /GPOPack and then press Enter.

Kurt Dillard http://www.kurtdillard.com

Friday, August 10, 2012 8:52 PM

All replies

• Anyone?
    Friday, July 27, 2012 6:54 PM
  • Kevin;

We know that there are still a lot of user settings to add to SCM, we keep adding more and more with each release. We also want to add support for additional types of settings, but the next release will focus on Windows 8, Windows Server 2012, and a few other new products.

But you don't need to wait for the next version of SCM to make progress. You can configure the setting(s) on your reference machine, then create a GPOPack using LocalGPO, there's no dependency on SCM in that case. Here are the instructions from the Windows 7 Security Guide:

To create a local GPOPack

1. Log on to the computer as an administrator.
    2. On the computer, click Start, click All Programs, and then click the LocalGPO folder to open it.
    3. In the LocalGPO folder, right-click LocalGPO, and then choose Run as administrator to open the tool command prompt with full administrative privileges.

Note   If prompted for logon credentials, type your user name and password, and then press Enter.

1. At the command prompt, type cscript LocalGPO.wsf /Path: "c:\GPOBackups" /Export /GPOPack and then press Enter.

Kurt Dillard http://www.kurtdillard.com

Friday, August 10, 2012 8:52 PM