none
When closing IE8, I receive an error of crash RRS feed

• Question

• Issue with IE8 when closing gives an error message

I am using Windows 7 X64 with 16 GB ram and whenever I am using IE8, 9, 10, 11 I get the same issue.

When I close internet explorer it gives me an error.  I am using IE8 and this is  message from computer management

Faulting application name: iexplore.exe, version: 8.0.7601.17514, time stamp: 0x4ce7a313

Faulting module name: ole32.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17514, time stamp: 0x4ce7c92c

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000000000002f111

Faulting process id: 0x13a0

Faulting application start time: 0x01cf1908df6cbcb4

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\ole32.dll

Report Id: 20675620-84fc-11e3-b72b-e069952e06ac

Here is another crash as well of IE8

Faulting application name: iexplore.exe, version: 8.0.7601.17514, time stamp: 0x4ce79912

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Fault offset: 0x54f445c7

Faulting process id: 0x15d4

Faulting application start time: 0x01cf1874da559d3d

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

Faulting module path: unknown

Report Id: 1b5cb9f8-8468-11e3-8dc4-e069952e06ac

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know

RussellTA

Friday, January 24, 2014 2:44 PM

Answers

• Hi RussellTA,

Thank you for your update.

First, please try running a ‘detect and repair’ through MS office if you have it. (Open a word doc, Help menu and then Detect and repair)

I would like to suggest you refer to the suggestions below to check the issue:

1. Update all driver on your computer.

2. Reset Internet Explorer settings to see the results.

Reset Internet Explorer settings

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

If the issue persists, you could restore the Internet Explorer by turn off and turn on the IE feature in the control panel ->Programs and Features.

Note: Before you restore internet explorer, please perform a system backup first and backup your favorites.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Blair Deng

Blair Deng
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, January 30, 2014 7:46 AM

All replies

• Hi,

What version of Office are you using? IE Addons from Office 2003 no longer work in IE8 and above.

Consider running a windows update to update your current IE version to the latest version. (many popular websites are no longer supporting IE8 and earlier).

If you are on a domain network, contact your System Administrators or Help Desk for support.

Post consumer questions about IE to http://answers.microsoft.com (the IE8 Online support link points to an old link).

Rob^_^

Saturday, January 25, 2014 12:55 AM
  • Yes I am running Office 2003 on the computer.  Soon, I will be removing it since there will not be any more support for it.

I am not on a domain network. 

DO u have any idea why this is happening

Thanks

Saturday, January 25, 2014 5:19 PM
  • Hi RussellTA,

First, I would like to suggest you open IE options and disable all Office Add-ons to check the result.

I see a problem with a DLL file which is ole32.dll.

You may run sfc /scannow and check again.

How to use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files on Windows Vista or on Windows 7

Please also run a virus/malware scan of your entire system. Some ole32.dll errors could be related to a virus or other malware infection on your computer that has damaged the DLL file. It's even possible that the ole32.dll error you're seeing is related to a hostile program that's masquerading as the file.

In addition, open a command prompt and register the ole32.dll file. Please use the following command:

Regsvr32 ole32.dll

Please also check if the following article is helpful.

Applications may crash in Windows Vista, in Windows 7, in Windows Server 2008 or in Windows Server 2008 R2

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Blair Deng

Blair Deng

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 3:23 PM
  • Hi  Blair Deng

Thanks for the tips you have provided me.  I have turned off all office add ins to IE8

I checked for sfc /scannow  and there are no intergrities issues were reported.  All is good

I will see over the course of the next few days if the issue goes away or I will then register the oled32.dll file

I appreciate ure help and assistance

DO u have any other ideas for me

RussellTA

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 6:39 PM
  • Hi

AN update

The first 2 ideas did not work and now I reregistered

Regsvr32 ole32.dll

I will see what happens now

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 7:14 PM
  • I am still getting an error but no ole32.dll

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Fault offset: 0x00f10fe5

Faulting process id: 0x10b0

Faulting application start time: 0x01cf1d245187889b

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

Faulting module path: unknown

DO u have any ideas what this issue is?

Thanks

RUsselTA

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 7:24 PM
  • Hi RussellTA,

Thank you for your update.

First, please try running a ‘detect and repair’ through MS office if you have it. (Open a word doc, Help menu and then Detect and repair)

I would like to suggest you refer to the suggestions below to check the issue:

1. Update all driver on your computer.

2. Reset Internet Explorer settings to see the results.

Reset Internet Explorer settings

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

If the issue persists, you could restore the Internet Explorer by turn off and turn on the IE feature in the control panel ->Programs and Features.

Note: Before you restore internet explorer, please perform a system backup first and backup your favorites.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Blair Deng

Blair Deng

Thursday, January 30, 2014 7:46 AM
  • Blair

I will run a detect and repair on office 2003.  

Blair is this issue related to office 2003 which is causing some of my issues .  Should I  start to use office 2010?

All my drivers are updated and are the latest.

I have reset IE8 in the past and nothing changed and still get the error message.  

Do u have any other ideas

RussellTA

Thursday, January 30, 2014 9:49 AM
  • Blair

I ran twice a repair on office 2003

I  did a  restore on the  Internet Explorer by turning  off and turn on the IE feature in the control panel ->Programs and Features.

So far no crashes and issue and I will definetly will tell u if I do

Thanks man

RUsselltA

Thursday, January 30, 2014 5:50 PM