Login prompt when trying to save a document as SAVE AS to the Sharepoint library RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am running into a problem with saving a document into SharePoint site whenever I click on SAVE AS, I got prompted to enter my login credentials. If I enter my login info, it will ask for it again when I try to save another file. It doesn't prompt for login credentials when I click on SAVE only. 

I am the site owner so I have full control to the site but not sure why it's still asking for the login info.

I can login to the site, browse and open files with no prompts. 

I have already added the AuthForwardServerList into registry and added the site into trusted site with check mark on login with current user name and password, but it doesn't help. Also, it happens the same thing when I login to a different computer, so there must be some site settings that got messed up. 

Please help.

**Running Office 2010 Pro Plus on Window 7 x64 bit machine.. Window Sharepoint Service 3.0

A@RJC

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 6:15 PM

Answers

• HI Aniket,

It's not about changing the password recently and login/logout won't fix the problem.

I have got it resolved though. The AutoForwardServerList did work, it was just that I need to restart the computer for it to take effect.

Thanks again for your reply.

Cheers,

AC

A@RJC

• Marked as answer by ARJC Monday, June 25, 2012 3:54 PM
    Monday, June 25, 2012 3:54 PM

All replies

• Is your Password change Recently. if it is the just logout/login or restart the machine.

If the document is created on your desktop/machine and if you want to save it to SharePoint using Office 2010 there is an option called Save and Send and under that option you will find Save to SharePoint from their you can choose the SharePoint site where you want to save.

Aniket

• Marked as answer by Lhan HanModerator Monday, June 25, 2012 2:18 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by ARJC Monday, June 25, 2012 3:52 PM
    Tuesday, June 19, 2012 1:04 AM
  • HI Aniket,

It's not about changing the password recently and login/logout won't fix the problem.

I have got it resolved though. The AutoForwardServerList did work, it was just that I need to restart the computer for it to take effect.

Thanks again for your reply.

Cheers,

AC

A@RJC

• Marked as answer by ARJC Monday, June 25, 2012 3:54 PM
    Monday, June 25, 2012 3:54 PM