Windows 10 1607 to include UE-V? RRS feed

• Question

• From several articles online, Windows 10 Anniversary Edition (1607) is suppose to have UE-V included. No longer need to have MDOP. I was able to confirm that by installing the latest ADK 1607 package, the UE-V generator is now included. However, where do I get the Agent installer? I do not see it on the 1607 machine nor do I see it on the latest TP5 of Server 2016.  Really want to trying this solution and move aware from roaming profiles in my organization. Thanks,

Friday, August 5, 2016 3:45 PM

Answers

• UE-V is built-in to the OS now as a service. You have two choices turning it on:

1. Via policy once the new admx has been imported (Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Microsoft User Experience Virtualization -> Use User Experience Virtualization (UE-V))
    2. Via powershell with the command "Enable-uev"
    • Proposed as answer by Fred BainbridgeMVP Monday, August 15, 2016 9:42 PM
    • Marked as answer by Eillirand Thursday, August 18, 2016 9:53 PM
    Monday, August 15, 2016 8:33 PM

All replies

• UE-V is built-in to the OS now as a service. You have two choices turning it on:

1. Via policy once the new admx has been imported (Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Microsoft User Experience Virtualization -> Use User Experience Virtualization (UE-V))
    2. Via powershell with the command "Enable-uev"
    • Proposed as answer by Fred BainbridgeMVP Monday, August 15, 2016 9:42 PM
    • Marked as answer by Eillirand Thursday, August 18, 2016 9:53 PM
    Monday, August 15, 2016 8:33 PM
  • Thanks. I found the service also under services, so that verified that it was built in now. Awesome.
    Thursday, August 18, 2016 9:54 PM
  • Which ADK component contains the UE-V template generator? I've install most of the components I thought I needed, but still don't have the UE-V template generator.

Thanks.

Friday, April 14, 2017 4:09 PM
  • Never mind. I had been using an ADK version prior to v1607. It's a separate entry in the 1703 version of ADK.
    Thursday, April 20, 2017 3:34 PM
  • Yes it is included but it is quite buggy still and it changed the locations of the templates. It also DOES NOT auto register the Microsoft Default Templates so you have to copy them to the Template Share and select "replace" in the Group Policy.

I have almost got UEV working in that it is saving to settings folder and all services and tasks are running successfully but settings don't appear to change between machines.

I am now trying to figure out if it is just completely buggy, settings that I think should roam (taskbar icons, Outlook accounts) don't roam OR I am missing a setting not documented anywhere.

lforbes

Thursday, May 11, 2017 4:09 PM