Time Dimension Members appearing in descending Order RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am experiencing a weird behavior with ProClarity charts displayed within a PPS Dashboard. Whenever I try to link a time filter to it that should make it display multiple members of the time dimension they get displayed in the chart in the opposite direction: Q4, Q3, Q2 then Q1. And then when I drill down within any of these quarters, the months appear in the correct ascending order. I have ProClarity SP2 installed, and PPS Monitoring SP2 as well. The charts are displayed correctly in ProClarity professional, standard, and even in the PPS Dashboard, but the behavior occurs once I link it to a filter. Any clues?

Best Regards,
    Katara
    Friday, June 19, 2009 9:54 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Indeed the problem was solved by uninstalling ProClarity Analytics Server and ProClarity Web Professional v 6.3 that had SP2 applied, and re-installing them without any hotfixes or service packs. The behavior is back to normal.

Thanks,
    Ketara
    Saturday, July 4, 2009 5:28 PM

All replies

• Hi Katara, Could you give me what kind of filters you are using in PPS dashboard. Is it an MDX filters or Member selection. If you are using MDX filters then just create a member seletion filter and see whats the order you are getting. If you are using an MDX filter i would suggest you run the mdx in SSMS and see the output. Regards, Ram
    Saturday, June 20, 2009 4:13 AM
  • Hello,

Thanks for your reply. Originally I was using a filter containing the years and had the following custom formula: DESCENDANTS(<<UniqueName>>, [Date].[Calendar].[Quarter] )  in order to show on the chart the quarters existing within the selected year. For testing ourposes, I also have created a multi-select years filter, linked to the chart without the custom formula, and the resulting years on the chart are also in reverse order! There is a another point, I have tested adding a ProClarity chart, located on a different ProClarity Server, and added it within the same page havign the reversed charts, and linked the time filter to it in the exact same way. That chart is working correctly and not reversed. The only difference between the two servers, is that ProClarity SP2 is installed on the server having the reverse behavior, while the server having the correct order does not have any of the ProClarity SPs or hotfixes!

Best Regards,
    Ketara
    Sunday, June 21, 2009 2:52 PM

•   Hi,

Just a few checks. What happens when you browse the cube when you select the time dimension. Also what happens when you run the same query that you used for filters in Management studio. If you want to show the time hierarchy in filters please can you write the following expression [Dimension Name].[Hierarchy name].allmembers Let me know what happens.

Regards,
    Ram
    Monday, June 22, 2009 5:53 AM
  • I've encountered this issue before using different versions of ProClarity.  The behavior changed going from 6.2 to 6.3, and again between a few of the 6.3 hotfixes.  Please keep in mind this was strictly within ProClarity's Dashboard and PPS was not involved.  If the charts work with the RTM version you might consider using it.  However, can you upload a screen cap of the problematic view?  Skydrive allows you to upload files easily if you'd like to use that and include a link here.

Microsoft ProClarity | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Wednesday, July 1, 2009 10:21 PM
  • Hello,

Indeed the problem was solved by uninstalling ProClarity Analytics Server and ProClarity Web Professional v 6.3 that had SP2 applied, and re-installing them without any hotfixes or service packs. The behavior is back to normal.

Thanks,
    Ketara
    Saturday, July 4, 2009 5:28 PM