power packs in Windows Home server RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to figure out which power pack I have, when I go under Computers>properties it shows Power pack 2. When i go under WHS console settings>resources it shows Power pack 3. I ask this because I have been having trouble connecting to the Home server with my computer i just upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate. I seems Power pack 3 has resolved some issues of connecting to the server. It says i need administrator rights to access the shared folders.

Thanks in advance

gary w dipple
    Tuesday, February 1, 2011 6:20 PM

Answers

• Hi Gary

Dont worry :) if you read the release documentation for PP3 i think its under "How to check the Windows Home Server Version Number" it notes that an updated WHS PP3 will stil say "Power Pack 2". You can go to the MS website and do a search for WHS PP3 release documentation and you will see it noted.

tech-nique
    Tuesday, February 1, 2011 8:02 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for posting here.

For other Home Server issues, it’s recommended post to Windows Home Server forum :

Windows Home Server Forums

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/WindowsHomeServer/

Thanks.

Tiger Li

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, February 2, 2011 3:18 AM

All replies

• Hi Gary

Dont worry :) if you read the release documentation for PP3 i think its under "How to check the Windows Home Server Version Number" it notes that an updated WHS PP3 will stil say "Power Pack 2". You can go to the MS website and do a search for WHS PP3 release documentation and you will see it noted.

tech-nique
    Tuesday, February 1, 2011 8:02 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for posting here.

For other Home Server issues, it’s recommended post to Windows Home Server forum :

Windows Home Server Forums

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/WindowsHomeServer/

Thanks.

Tiger Li

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, February 2, 2011 3:18 AM