Cisco AnyConnect RRS feed

• Question

• Has anyone had any luck getting AnyConnect to work on Win 8 CP?  I've tried on 32-bit and 64-bit using AnyConnect 2.5.2019 (compatible with Win 7) and receive the error "the VPN client driver has encountered an error". Have done the usual uninstall / reinstall.

thx!

Tuesday, March 6, 2012 7:16 PM

Answers

• Found a solution in Dev forums:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-JM/windowsdeveloperpreviewgeneral/thread/6fe817f3-27fe-4068-995a-aced4508ee3e

· Open Registry editor by typingregeditin Run prompt

· Browse to the Registry Key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SYSTEM\\CurrentControlSet\\Services\\CVirtA

· Select the DisplayName to modify, and remove the leading characters from the value data upto "%;" i.e.

o    For x86, change the value data from something like "@oem8.inf,%CVirtA_Desc%;Cisco Systems VPN Adapter” to "Cisco Systems VPN Adapter”

o    For x64, change the value data from something like "@oem8.inf,%CVirtA_Desc%;Cisco Systems VPN Adapter for 64-bit Windows” to "Cisco Systems VPN Adapter for 64-bit Windows”

· Try connecting again

This wasn't quite where I found it in the CP version. Here's the value I had to change:

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\vpnva  -   DisplayName

• Marked as answer by pdx_nwn Wednesday, March 7, 2012 5:07 PM
    • Edited by pdx_nwn Wednesday, March 7, 2012 6:10 PM
    Wednesday, March 7, 2012 5:07 PM