Computers didn't appear in Pending Action List RRS feed

• Question

• Dear,

i finshed from forfront FCS and dont select Distribution server

now i want to istall the software on clint computer i made a new policy  and deploy it

but the computers didn't appear in the Pending Action List

thanks

Monday, October 22, 2007 9:24 PM

All replies

• Hello Mahm,

If you're approving clients through the MOM server, the pending action list might not have updated itself. Try waiting a few minutes and refreshing. If they still don't appear, verify that you've deployed the policy correctly. If you haven't already, see http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb404232.aspx
    Saturday, October 27, 2007 8:31 PM
  • Hello!

If clients aren't showing up in the MOM console/Pending actions, please make sure you've configured the settings correctly on the agent during installation.  You should also check on both the client and server Application event log for error messages.  You may also have a FW blocking the connection

Hope this helps

Chris

Forefront Client Security PM

Wednesday, October 31, 2007 5:42 PM
  •  

Check that the Computer Group "/CG <ComputerGroup>" name is correct during deployment.  Open the MOM 2005 Admin console and highlight the Administration Folder, then in the right pane it should tell you what the Management Group name is.  That's what should be in the <ComputerGroup>.

Thursday, December 13, 2007 7:56 PM
  •  

I am having the same problem.  After installing the FCS from Windows Updates the computer never registers into the Pending Actions in MOM.  I have also tried manually installing a client with the /CG option and it still never registers.  any ideas?

Thanks

Tracy

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 7:18 PM
  • Hi,

Have a look on both the client and the server in the event logs, you should see the client attempt to register with MOM and then give various status messages... Hopefully something there may give some more insight into what's going on - either the client failing and stating why, or the server rejecting the client connection (often happens when a typo in the CG or similar)

Post back your findings and we can take a look

cheers

Wednesday, April 23, 2008 9:27 AM
  •  

Chris,

I did find an error stating that the agent could not connect to the MOM server.  So i tried to restart the server and it never came backup, it was stuck at the black load windows screen.  I re-installed it a couple of times and it seemed after installing forefront it would not come back up after a reboot.  I then tried installing Forefront on a brand new server and after installing Forefront i did not reboot the server like i should have and the same problem was there.  so i rebooted this new server and when it came back up all of my clients where listed.

Thanks for the help.

Tracy

Monday, April 28, 2008 5:07 PM