Cap lock switches on and off by itself. Win 7 ultimate 64bits, MS wireless laser keyboard 7000 RRS feed

• Question

• while I'm typing any subject the fonts switches to upper case and lower case without touching the Cap Lock key.  I'm using Win 7 ultimate 64bits, and the keyboard is "microsoft wireless laser keyboard 7000."

I'll appreciate any help.

FG

Monday, September 27, 2010 4:57 PM

Answers

• Hi, can you tell me what program you type in? Try to type in the Notepad for test.

Also you can change another keyboard for test. This issue might be caused by a key stuck on the keyboard. Try using a USB keyboard or screen-keyboard to see if the same issue appears.

Furthermore, you can login with Clean Boot, update the keyboard driver, or you can try to connect your Microsoft wireless laser keyboard 7000 to another PC to see if the issue occurs. It also might be caused by  the hardware of keyboard.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Monday, October 4, 2010 7:32 AM
    Thursday, September 30, 2010 1:25 AM
  • Hi Leo,

Thank for your help.  I’ve tried all of those tests you’ve mentioned prior contacting Microsoft Tech. and had no luck.  I completely removed and re-installed the latest software available at the MS Webb site and the problem never goes away.  The KB is fairly new which I am making every effort to keep clean at all times; I do not believe it is a stuck key.  I do not need to type anything in words or in Notepad, it simply switches ON and OFF without any input to the keyboard.  If I am typing, the fonts will be in upper and lower case.  I installed a wire keyboard and it is working fine. I installed another wireless KB (Elite for Bluetooth) and worked well for a while, now it won’t connect.   After talking to a MS Technician whom walked me through troubleshooting steps, the 7000 KB worked fine for a while and he determined that my wireless router could be the cause of the problem.  I know this is not the root cause of the problem because the KB keeps having the same problem regardless the condition of the router ON or OFF.  During the troubleshooting, I had to disconnect the Bluetooth Transceiver and now it will not discover the Elite for Bluetooth KB; and that is another problem I’m having.

PS:  MS is going to replace the KB, it is on order.

Again,

Thank you for your time and help.

FG

Thursday, September 30, 2010 10:59 PM

All replies

• Contact  Microsoft Support and request a free keyboard replacement.
    Carey Frisch
    Tuesday, September 28, 2010 6:16 AM
  • Hi, can you tell me what program you type in? Try to type in the Notepad for test.

Also you can change another keyboard for test. This issue might be caused by a key stuck on the keyboard. Try using a USB keyboard or screen-keyboard to see if the same issue appears.

Furthermore, you can login with Clean Boot, update the keyboard driver, or you can try to connect your Microsoft wireless laser keyboard 7000 to another PC to see if the issue occurs. It also might be caused by  the hardware of keyboard.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, September 30, 2010 1:25 AM
  • Hi Leo,

Thank for your help.  I’ve tried all of those tests you’ve mentioned prior contacting Microsoft Tech. and had no luck.  I completely removed and re-installed the latest software available at the MS Webb site and the problem never goes away.  The KB is fairly new which I am making every effort to keep clean at all times; I do not believe it is a stuck key.  I do not need to type anything in words or in Notepad, it simply switches ON and OFF without any input to the keyboard.  If I am typing, the fonts will be in upper and lower case.  I installed a wire keyboard and it is working fine. I installed another wireless KB (Elite for Bluetooth) and worked well for a while, now it won’t connect.   After talking to a MS Technician whom walked me through troubleshooting steps, the 7000 KB worked fine for a while and he determined that my wireless router could be the cause of the problem.  I know this is not the root cause of the problem because the KB keeps having the same problem regardless the condition of the router ON or OFF.  During the troubleshooting, I had to disconnect the Bluetooth Transceiver and now it will not discover the Elite for Bluetooth KB; and that is another problem I’m having.

PS:  MS is going to replace the KB, it is on order.

Again,

Thank you for your time and help.

FG

Thursday, September 30, 2010 10:59 PM