SSAS Roles filtering through SSRS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I've got a heap of reports that are based on various SSAS cubes. I have roles defined on these cubes that restrict data via certain dimensions. 

Question is, will these restrictions filter through to the report...ie, if I have a sales person restricted in the SSAS cube to only see sales against their territory (restricted in the Territory dimension), when it runs in ssas environment  its work fine, when i am running it in ssrs it shows all the data instead of filtered data

Cheers for any help!!

Is there a property which has to be applied to allow the ssas security to apply to the ssrs report?

Many thanks.

Wednesday, November 4, 2009 5:34 AM

Answers

• Hi Srinivas,

I'm the writer of that article, but what i understand is that you would like to have your report use the role based security based on you report. What you need to do are a few things: 
    Make a role that filters a dimension
    Add a user to your role (not a user that already is server admin or has any other roles that had superior security 
    Set your report datasource to integrated security
    Run your report as the user you want to have the security against (use the runas statement to test this)

Greetings,
    Kasper de Jonge
    • Proposed as answer by Raymond-Lee Thursday, November 5, 2009 2:15 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jerry Nee Friday, November 13, 2009 7:51 AM
    Wednesday, November 4, 2009 3:14 PM

All replies