Personal contacts showing up in Skype for Business RRS feed

• Question

• Even accounts I long ago deleted from my cell phone are showing up in Skype for Business on my work computer. For example, when I type "A" into the search bar in Skype for Business, one of the names that shows up is "Aisha," a personal contact I deleted from my personal cell phone a couple of years ago. I do not remember ever syncing my Skype for Business account with my contacts list on my personal cell phone, so I don't know how this happened. 

Doing research into this issue online, I find reference to editing my contacts list, but my Skype for Business does not have a contacts list: just tabs for groups, status, relationships, and new. None of those tabs includes a comprehensive contacts list, despite the fact that such a list clearly exists within SfB, I just cannot access it. Mt SfB account is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. Please let me know if you have any ideas for resolving this problem.

Thank you,

Michael

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 8:36 PM

All replies

• Hi Michael,

Please check whether you have created the contact in your Outlook contact list, if you have the contact in Outlook, this is the default behavior.

In addition, please try to delete the following cache files in your working PC then check this issue again:
    SFB client cache file: %Userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Lync\sip_XXXXX
    SFB Registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Lync\sip_XXXXX

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by woshixiaobai Thursday, June 20, 2019 8:59 AM
    Wednesday, June 19, 2019 6:28 AM
  • Hi Michael,

Is there any update for this issue? 

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, June 21, 2019 6:35 AM