Conceptual Problem about Recovery RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have one conceptual doubt about recovery.

Is it possible to run recovery on some other object rather than the object on which we are monitoring ?

For Example,

I have one monitor which monitors for a particular event A in machine B through operation manager.

Now, I want to run some script (may be powershell or WMI ) on Operation manager machine if that event A happened on machine B.

Currently, I am able to run the script on machine B if that event A happens on Machine B through recovery of the monitor

Is it possible to run the script on Operation manager machine if that event A happened on machine B.

Thanks in advance

Friday, July 23, 2010 6:30 PM

Answers

All replies

• I don't think so.  If that were possible, you could cause code to execute on a host you are not a manager of.
    Microsoft Corporation
    • Marked as answer by RajuDada Tuesday, July 27, 2010 9:35 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by RajuDada Tuesday, July 27, 2010 9:41 PM
    Tuesday, July 27, 2010 1:10 AM
  • Hi Dan

But that malicious code have to be reside inside the pro pack.

And this pro pack can only be imported if you have access to Operation manager.

This means you are the manager of that machine

Make sense?

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 9:42 PM
  • here's an example of an event on machine B and the response running on the rms.

http://derekhar.blogspot.com/2008/02/initiate-maintenance-mode-from-agent-no.html

Rob Korving
    http://jama00.wordpress.com/
    • Marked as answer by Yog Li Monday, August 2, 2010 10:22 AM
    Tuesday, July 27, 2010 10:26 PM
  • There are definitely a limited # of paths - and running on the RMS is one of those possiblities.    If the query is about machine A (non RMS) having a monitor and then having the recovery execute in another agent managed host (not RMS), then this is not something that is a feature of recoveries.
    Microsoft Corporation
    • Marked as answer by Yog Li Monday, August 2, 2010 10:22 AM
    Wednesday, July 28, 2010 11:55 PM