none
Macros Language Support Error in Word 2013 and Loss of Functions in Outlook 2013

Question

• I have a number of macros installed on Word 2013. On three occasions, 2 -3 months apart, I have started Word and got a pop up box that says:

"The function you are attempting to run contains macros or content that requires macro language support. When the software was installed, you (or your administrator) chose not to install support for macros or controls."

I have to click on a similar box 5 - 6 times and can then access the document with limited functions.

At the same time, when I open Outlook 2013, I can download but not respond to emails on my exchange account (if I click reply, I get a box that says this function in unavailable) and I cannot receive or send emails on my AOL account.

Each time, I was able to restore both programs by doing an online restore of Microsoft Office Home and Business 2013. However, since it has happened three times, I'm wondering what I can do to prevent it. I cannot identify any prior update or change preceding these errors. Any ideas?

Monday, July 17, 2017 8:38 PM

All replies

• Hi John,

What's the edition of your Office, MSI or Click-to-Run?

If you are using a MSI version of Office 2013, please try the following steps and see if there will be any improvement:

1.  Close all the office applications.
    2.  Go to Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features, right click on Microsoft Office 2013 and select Change.
    3.  Click on Continue for Add/remove features.
    4.  Expand Office Shared Features, click on the little arrow attached to Visual Basic for Application and select Run from my Computer > Continue:

5. Click close once the configuration window and try to open word documents.

Hope you can find this helpful.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 18, 2017 3:06 AM