PowerApps - repeating table RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to recreate the repeating table functionality from InfoPath in PowerApps...

I have a custom list called "Personal Details" where a user enters their name, address etc.

I then want a repeating table called previous addresses (with fields for address 1, address 2, town, county, postcode).

Looking online people seem to be suggesting using galleries, but when experimenting I could only use a gallery for viewing existing data which doesn't work for my scenario as there's nothing to view until the personal details form has been submitted. Ideally the information captured in the repeating element should be in the same list as the "primary data"; I don't mind using a second list that stores the previous addresses if they can link back to the data in the primary form.

Can this be done in PowerApps? My final solution will also include workflow (hopefully via Flow).

Or is there a better solution?

Monday, November 27, 2017 4:00 PM

Answers

• Hi PetyrBaelish,

Thanks for posting in TechNet forum.

I suggest you could post corresponding issue on PowerApps forum for more professional suggestions.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/bd-p/PowerAppsForum1

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by PetyrBaelish Friday, December 1, 2017 11:36 AM
    Thursday, November 30, 2017 8:48 AM

All replies

• Hi PetryBaelish,

Look at these link please PowerApp Galleries = Repeating Tables

Best regards.

EP!! Blog: https://keepcalmlovesharepoint.wordpress.com/ MCP SharePoint 2013 | Exchange Admin | Office 365

• Proposed as answer by Sara Fan Tuesday, November 28, 2017 2:13 AM
    Monday, November 27, 2017 10:13 PM
  • Hi PetyrBaelish,

If the reply is helpful to you, you could mark the reply as answer. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, November 28, 2017 2:13 AM
  • That link is exactly the article I worked through, but unless I missed something, the gallery is just displaying data, as described in point 6 of this article "filtering the projects gallery to only show the projects that are related to the selected customer".

In my case I'm looking to input, not display data as at the point of creating a new list item, there is no data to show in a gallery because the data hasn't been input yet! Can a gallery be used to input data? And if it can, and as per the link the repeating data is being stored in a secondary list and a lookup to filter, how does that data link back to the open form? It seems to me that, following Laura Rogers' Customer/Projects example - If I have a new form open to create Customer X, and I'm inputting using a gallery the Projects related to Customer X in a secondary list that will lookup back to Customer X - how can this loookup work when the record for Customer X hasn't been submitted? It semes like a chicken/egg scenario!

Wednesday, November 29, 2017 10:40 AM
  • Hi PetyrBaelish,

Thanks for posting in TechNet forum.

I suggest you could post corresponding issue on PowerApps forum for more professional suggestions.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/bd-p/PowerAppsForum1

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

• Marked as answer by PetyrBaelish Friday, December 1, 2017 11:36 AM
    Thursday, November 30, 2017 8:48 AM
  • Hi Petry,

I agree with Sara, please, post your issue with the PowerApps Team.

Best regards.

EP!! Blog: https://keepcalmlovesharepoint.wordpress.com/ MCP SharePoint 2013 | Exchange Admin | Office 365

Thursday, November 30, 2017 4:11 PM