none
DPM can't browse server, host unreachable ID:31 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am having an issue trying to protect a Windows 2008 r2 x64 file server. When I try and make a new protection group and add the server, I get the following error. DPM can't browse <server name> because the host is unreachable (id:31).

The error talks about a firewall issue or is offline. The server is online and the firewall is turned off. I can get to the file shares from DPM 2010 using the UNC path and the server is pingable. Once I close the error I can see the all the drives are available, but I want to protect this server via shares.

Any help would be most welcome.

Best wishes

Michael

Monday, December 5, 2011 10:46 PM

Answers

• In the end I opened a ticket with support and it turned out to be a stuck Kerberos ticket.

klist purge fixed the issues.

Best wishes

Michael

Friday, December 16, 2011 2:08 PM

All replies

• Hi Michael,

Is this server is renamed before? If so, check if there are any computer objects referring to SPNs with Old name. Clear it out from AD and re-check protection again.

Regards,

Gangs (MSFT)

Tuesday, December 6, 2011 5:37 PM
  • Hi Michael,

Is the server on the same domain or its on untrusted domain? Is there any firewall in the middle?

Its better to protect the server through drivers and not through share because you will reduce the protected members which DPM have a limitation of 300 protected members.

Hope that helps,

Laith.

If you found this helpful please mark it as an answer.

Friday, December 16, 2011 7:36 AM
  • In the end I opened a ticket with support and it turned out to be a stuck Kerberos ticket.

klist purge fixed the issues.

Best wishes

Michael

Friday, December 16, 2011 2:08 PM