none
Error: The SMS Provider reported an error connecting to the ConfigMgr site database server

Question

• Hi,

I just setup fresh installation of SCCM 2012 R2 (1606) with MS SQL 2014 on separate node. While creating application for SCCM 2012 R2 Client, I am getting error "Error: The SMS Provider reported an error connecting to the ConfigMgr site database server. Verify that the SQL Server is online and that ConfigMgr site server computer account is an administrator on the ConfigMgr site database server.". While I checked the SQl Server is online and also ConfigMgr Site Server account is an Administrator in SQL Server. Please help to isolate.

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 7:14 PM

All replies

• > "I just setup fresh installation of SCCM 2012 R2 (1606)"

No, you didn't. 1606 is not a version of ConfigMgr 2012 R2, it is a version of ConfigMgr Current branch (CB).

As for your issue, check smsprov.log on the system where the SMS Provider is installed (probably the site server).

Jason | http://blog.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 8:06 PM
  • Also check to see if there is some information in smsadminUI.log at C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Configuration Manager\AdminConsole\AdminUILog

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 17, 2017 8:14 AM
  • Hello, when I check under  C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Configuration Manager\AdminConsole\AdminUILogError  I see two  error codes "Code = 2151811598" and "Description = "Error retrieving object CollectionID=SMSDM003";"

could you be knowing the cause??

Saturday, April 20, 2019 6:03 PM
  • One out of context error is not indicative of anything. Logs files are about more than errors and troubleshooting is about more than just looking at a single log line, error or not.

Have you reviewed smsprov.log as I suggested before?

Jason | https://home.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys

Saturday, April 20, 2019 8:10 PM