RSAT Tools and RPC Server Unavailable RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have Windows 7 with RSAT Tools and MCafee installed, my AD is Windows Server 2008 R2.

My problem is, when open any console for example ADUC receive this error "RPC Server is unavailable".

I verify DNS Resolution, PING and work property, also i disable AV and receive the same error. I verify TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper service and is started.

My question is, How to solve this error?

Thanks.

I

Monday, May 4, 2015 3:48 PM

Answers

• Are you trying to access those consoles through the icon created by RSAT or you use mmc.exe and than create the connection to the consoles you want?

Go to Start menu : Search mmc.exe (open it)

then go to file : clic "add/remove snap-in"

Then add the consoles you would like to manage in your server and then connect with your Administrator credentials.

If that doesn't solve the problem, try disabling your firewall to see if it blocks connections

or

Try connecting through remote desktop so at least you can manage your server from your client. 

If you did not allow both machine to accept remote connections, you wont be able to connect to your server (for this, simply search in the start button "allow remote access to your computer" and chek the more secure option on both the server and the client)
    Monday, May 4, 2015 4:49 PM