none
Group Policy Folder Redirection client side extension issue

Question

• Having an issue with a workstation (Windows 7 pro with the latest updates), this only occurs with one user profile. 

It will take roughly 20 mins. or more to log the user in, but using another user will log them in with no problem. the user accounts are set for roaming, so I can take the user to another workstation and will have no problem logging in. 

I have looked at the profile list in registry and backed it up and properly deleted the user. Log the user back in, goes through the whole "creating desktop". log off, attempt to log back in, the issue comes back up. 

I opened command line and attempted to update the group policy by using: "gpupdate" and attempted to force it too. I receive the following prompt in the CMD: 

The Group Policy Client Side Extension folder redirection was unable to apply one or more settings because the changes must be processed before system startup or user logon. 

I also attempted to set "Always wait for the network at computer startup and logon". It did not resolve the issue. 

Servers are: Server 2012 with latest updates. 

Wednesday, June 22, 2016 4:46 PM

Answers

All replies

• > It will take roughly 20 mins. or more to log the user in, but using

20 minutes is the default timeout for group policy logon scripts. Do you
    have logon scripts for that user? If yes, examine if they run
    successfully or produce a "hang"...

Thursday, June 23, 2016 9:54 AM
  • Having an issue with a workstation (Windows 7 pro with the latest updates), this only occurs with one user profile. 

It will take roughly 20 mins. or more to log the user in, but using another user will log them in with no problem. the user accounts are set for roaming, so I can take the user to another workstation and will have no problem logging in. 

I have looked at the profile list in registry and backed it up and properly deleted the user. Log the user back in, goes through the whole "creating desktop". log off, attempt to log back in, the issue comes back up. 

I opened command line and attempted to update the group policy by using: "gpupdate" and attempted to force it too. I receive the following prompt in the CMD: 

The Group Policy Client Side Extension folder redirection was unable to apply one or more settings because the changes must be processed before system startup or user logon. 

I also attempted to set "Always wait for the network at computer startup and logon". It did not resolve the issue. 

Servers are: Server 2012 with latest updates. 

I've  the same issue after last updates
    Monday, June 27, 2016 9:53 AM
  • Monday, June 27, 2016 10:04 AM