none
Cant restore a database to original instance of SQL Server (Overwrite database) RRS feed

• Question

• I have successfully configure DPM to backup some instances of Always-on availability databases which I had previously set up. As part of a good backup design, it is also important to test recovery of the databases. I tried walking through the wizard to recover a test database and found on the wizard that the "Recover to original instance of SQL Server (Overwrite database)" is grayed out. My Question: Is always-on database restore scenario supported in DPM 2012 R2? NB: SQL Server listener instance is 2014. All other options to recover the database are functional, but what is the point if this option can't be handle automatically by DPM.Select Recovery Type (DPM)

Thursday, March 30, 2017 8:30 AM

All replies

• You are more likely to get an answer for this in a DPM forum... :-)

Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP (Web Blog)

Thursday, March 30, 2017 8:43 AM
  • Hi femog008,

Since the issue is more related to DPM, I’m moving this thread to System Center DPM forum for better response.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Regards,
    Lin

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 31, 2017 6:37 AM
  • Hi,

Sorry, As per: Supported and unsupported scenarios in DPM

AlwaysOn recovery to original location isn’t supported

Issue: When DPM is protecting SQL Server with AlwaysOn enabled data recovery to the original location isn’t supported.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, March 31, 2017 5:00 PM