none
Display tasks behind non-working times and in front for certain tasks RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Not sure if this is even possible in MPS but here goes.  It is to do with how tasks are displayed on the Gantt View.

I have set my gantt view up so that standard tasks are displayed behind the non-working times on my gantt chart so it does not look as if you are working a weekend.  For example a 2 day task starting on a Friday would show 1 day on the friday and 1 day on the Monday.  However,  I have some tasks that are actually scheduled on the weekend and I want to show the Gantt bar over the normal non-working weekend but it always shows behind..  Is it possible to do what I am attempting or is a not possible

Regards Graham

Monday, November 6, 2017 1:08 PM

Answers

• It is not possible as is, since the non-working time is configured at project level and not task neither calendar level.

Maybe some VBA could do the trick but I doubt.

I even tested using a custom flag and custom start/finish dates but no chance.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Monday, November 6, 2017 2:01 PM
  • Graham Lees,

This exact same question was asked a few weeks back, I think it was on the Project Business forum. For reference here is the thread I remembered:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_project-mso_other-mso_2016/microsoft-project/d189b6aa-c456-4c92-9add-5f5e819e9ee0

Unfortunately the answer is "no". Non-working days can either show in front of or behind Gantt Bars but not a mixture even if you set up a custom calendar showing particular weekend days as working.

Hope this helps.

John

Monday, November 6, 2017 2:07 PM

All replies

• It is not possible as is, since the non-working time is configured at project level and not task neither calendar level.

Maybe some VBA could do the trick but I doubt.

I even tested using a custom flag and custom start/finish dates but no chance.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Monday, November 6, 2017 2:01 PM
  • Graham Lees,

This exact same question was asked a few weeks back, I think it was on the Project Business forum. For reference here is the thread I remembered:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_project-mso_other-mso_2016/microsoft-project/d189b6aa-c456-4c92-9add-5f5e819e9ee0

Unfortunately the answer is "no". Non-working days can either show in front of or behind Gantt Bars but not a mixture even if you set up a custom calendar showing particular weekend days as working.

Hope this helps.

John

Monday, November 6, 2017 2:07 PM