I have removed the program yet it is trying to sign in RRS feed

• Question

• I uninstalled 2 versions of Skype. I have a PC with Windows 10. Chrome is my default browser and Gmail is my mail portal. After inunistalling, rebooting I still get the "skype for business" popup to sign in with my gmail account. The alert "Can't sign in to Skype for BUsiness See KB2566790 for details and contact system admin. I'm solo - just me, I'm the admin. One computer in the"system." 

Manage Add-ons window for Explorer shows that skype for business browser, skype for business click to call disabled.

I don't use this browser, ever.  How can I prevent this window and Skype from starting after I have REMOVED it from my computer?

Thursday, April 19, 2018 2:13 PM

All replies

• Hi Suzbinky,

I want to confirm with you, did you uninstall Skype for business or consumer skype?
    Can you give me a screenshot for your error/warning?

In fact, if you use skype for business, you need to use AD account to sign in the client. If you use consumer skype, you can use G-mail account to sign in.

Best Regards,
    Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Friday, April 20, 2018 9:43 AM
    Friday, April 20, 2018 2:45 AM
  • Are there any update about this issue

Best Regards,
    Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, April 25, 2018 9:03 AM