none
Import from folder RRS feed

• Question

• I have a query that imports from all the files in a folder. My understanding is that when new files are added to the folder I can refresh the query. I have tried refresh by right clicking within the table and I have tried refresh all from the data tab. What am I missing?
    Friday, September 1, 2017 7:06 PM

Answers

• Thank  you for looking at this. What was not working on Friday is now working for now reason that I can see.
    • Marked as answer by neilm4247 Tuesday, September 5, 2017 4:19 PM
    Tuesday, September 5, 2017 4:19 PM

All replies

• You are missing to state what is going wrong and what types of files are imported (csv, xlsx, mixed,...).

I guess the additional files are not imported?

First to do is to check the query definitions for any filtering, hard coded column selections, etcetera that explains why the new files are not included in the result from the import.

If you want us to take a look, then you should supply more details, like relevant parts of your code and any other relevant details that might be of interest for us to analyse the issue.

Friday, September 1, 2017 8:59 PM
  • hey!

As Marcel suggested, we need more info. Can you post the M code from the advanced editor + a quick step-by-step of what you're doing plus what you're expecting? (and where things go wrong exactly)

Saturday, September 2, 2017 5:57 AM
  • Thank  you for looking at this. What was not working on Friday is now working for now reason that I can see.
    • Marked as answer by neilm4247 Tuesday, September 5, 2017 4:19 PM
    Tuesday, September 5, 2017 4:19 PM