none
Approval on Group Expiration time RRS feed

• Question

• We have a requirement in which as soon as group got transitioned into temporal set (Group expiring within 30 days), an approval mail need to be sent to admin. Is it doable? I tried but approval mail is not getting triggered.
    Wednesday, March 27, 2013 1:50 AM

All replies

• What is your exact requirement? You need an approval (in concept of FIM approval process) or just notification e-mail? 

When you are using set transition MPRs you are limited only to use Action phase Workflows so you can't use approval from FIM in this scenario. If you would want to have approval triggered after such event, you would need some custom activity in action phase which will trigger a change (like marking group as expired) which will be subject of approval (can be done in a code as long as you are on R2 version level). 

However simple notification that group will expire is completely possible - if notification is configured and workflow is triggered I would look into infrastructures issues 

Tomek Onyszko, memberOf Predica FIM Team (http://www.predica.pl), IdAM knowledge provider @ http://blog.predica.pl

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 9:05 AM
  • We have a temporal set GroupExpiringWithin30Days, What I want is that for every group present in this temporal set, an approval mail need to be sent to owner of group(to extend expiration date), once they click on approve my custom workflow activity(already developed) would increase expiration time by 90 days. Kindly help, I got stuck and its very urgent for our project.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 11:41 AM
  • I am new to FIM. It would be of great help if anybody can reply
    Wednesday, March 27, 2013 3:18 PM
  • The only way is to make a notification mail for the owner and put a link in the email to show the Group Form to update the date
    Thursday, March 28, 2013 12:38 PM
  • Cant we do it through custom workflow activity?
    Thursday, March 28, 2013 1:26 PM