none
eglobal views RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

2007 SP2 feb CU.

I think I have some corruption in eGlobal that is effecting my Enterprise views. With eGlobal open, navigating to Views -> More views, I select a view and then edit. The window that opens is for a completely different view. Example: When I try to edit one of my custom views, it opens a window to edit the Gantt view, trying to edit Gantt view opens an edit window for yet another custom view. Nerve racking...

I noticed that just trying to select a view with eGlobal open takes me to a different view. Using organizer to clean up eGlobal has similar effects. When I try to remove a view from eGlobal, it will remove a different view than the one I have highlighted.

The work around is to keep looking (trial and error) for the view that opens a edit window for the view that I'm really trying to edit.

Is there a way to fix this behavior?

Thanks in advance!

Thursday, September 2, 2010 3:29 PM

Answers

All replies

• BTW... When eGlobal is closed, all views in projects work as expected.
    Thursday, September 2, 2010 3:30 PM
  • eMicah:

What patch level is your Project Pro client? You're describing the symptoms of a bug that was introduced at SP2. Please verify that your client has the latest patches! If you can verify this, we'll try troubleshoot further. For more information on this issue, please see my blog post:

http://www.projectserverhelp.com/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=69

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG
    • Proposed as answer by Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCT, MVPModerator Thursday, September 2, 2010 6:18 PM
    • Marked as answer by eMicah Thursday, September 2, 2010 7:42 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by eMicah Wednesday, September 8, 2010 2:07 PM
    • Marked as answer by eMicah Wednesday, September 8, 2010 2:09 PM
    Thursday, September 2, 2010 6:17 PM
  • Hey Gary,

Thanks for the responce!

We moved to SP2 for a while then updated to Feb CU on our Server. About in the client says SP2. Where can I find the latest patch for the client? I read through your blog posts and the issue has been around for long enough that I do not feel any of my backed up eglobals would be error free. The steps outlined for rebuilding eglobal from scratch seem like the best alternative, but seem like a lot of work just to fix this silly little issue. Can you advise if the corruption in eglobal go further that just the view issue? Are there other issues that this could cause if I just leave it alone?

Thanks

Thursday, September 2, 2010 7:42 PM
  • Hello Gary,

So I ran through the steps to rebuild eGlobal using the sql script and the newly built one still mixes up the view names. I cannot open eGlobal to simply change a table in one of my view. I did get a lot of value out of creating views (with correct tables) in a project and moving them to eGlobal using organizer as outlined in your best practices. It is an acceptable work around, but still the issue is very frustrating. You and MS Project Experts save me again!

Thanks

Micah

Wednesday, September 8, 2010 2:15 PM
  • Glad we could help!
    Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG
    Thursday, September 9, 2010 9:35 PM