none
Approved timesheet data not appearing in project RRS feed

• Question

• Trying out MS Project server 2010.  Published a test project with a resource assigned to a task.  Resource entered some time in his timesheet and submitted it.  Timesheet manager approved the timesheet.  When project is opened, actual work does not show up.  Republished project...no change.  Checked job queue log and all above tasks indicate success...any ideas on where I should look next?

Thanks!

Michael

Friday, August 27, 2010 2:45 PM

Answers

• Ok...got it working...Your first point was spot on...I hadn't imported the time into My Tasks.

So the entire process for updating actuals from timesheets should be:

1)  Resource enters actuals in timesheet and submits timesheet for approval

2)  Timesheet Manager Accepts timesheet

3)  User imports timesheet into his tasks and submits task updates

4)  Project Manager Accepts task updates

Is this correct?

Friday, August 27, 2010 3:59 PM

All replies

• Hello MiGlenn,

Did you import the time into My Tasks?  That is required for time to show up in projects?

Or did you use the new time/task form?  Did that time get approved from the project manager?

I guess for me to better answer question, I need to know.

1) which time sheet / task sheet form are you using.

2) Who is the project manager, who is the status manager.

3) Was the resource the same as the PM or RM?

Cheers!

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT

Sincerely, Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA www.WhartonComputer.com
    Friday, August 27, 2010 2:52 PM
  • I have a test user account setup named "Team Member".  I set the Timesheet Manager property for this user to me "Michael Glenn".  I am also the one who created the project using Project Pro 2010.  I created a task in the project and assigned it to "Team Member" and published the project to the server.  I then logged in to PWA with the "Team Member" account.  The task shows up under "My Tasks" as expected.  I then selected Timesheet, entered some actuals, saved the timesheet and submitted it.  I logged back in to PWA using my own account.  The submitted timesheet was there for my approval.  I Accepted it and this seems to have worked (i.e. Timesheets for approval list is now empty).  I now go back to Project Pro and open the project expecting to see the "Actual work" show up (i.e. I go to the Resource Usage view, have actual work display, scroll to the date of the timesheet but only planned work is there, no actual).  I tried re-publishung the project but this was without effect.  Is there some step I am missing?

Thanks!

Friday, August 27, 2010 3:20 PM
  • Ok...got it working...Your first point was spot on...I hadn't imported the time into My Tasks.

So the entire process for updating actuals from timesheets should be:

1)  Resource enters actuals in timesheet and submits timesheet for approval

2)  Timesheet Manager Accepts timesheet

3)  User imports timesheet into his tasks and submits task updates

4)  Project Manager Accepts task updates

Is this correct?

Friday, August 27, 2010 3:59 PM
  • in addition you will have to re-publish the project
    Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    Saturday, August 28, 2010 12:27 AM