none
Cannot find the File Specified Error Code 39-00000002 App-V 4.5 RRS feed

• Question

• We are virutalizing our first branch and we are running into problems with a couple apps when we try to virutalize them. 

I 'm getting "The system cannot find the file specified, Error Code: 4513cdc-1f702639-00000002"

One of the apps is office 07 pro, office standard works fine.  The other is an app that creates two directories when it installs.  One is "C:\App"  the other is "C:\program files\app".  The software that creates two directories is our core software that we had a strong goal of virtualizing and we are at our wits end.  Please Help!

Thursday, May 7, 2009 12:07 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

You probably need to change the WORKINGDIR tag in the OSD-file to where your application is installed.

The howto for sequencing an application that install to c:, see this article;
    http://blogs.technet.com/softgrid/archive/2007/09/12/advanced-sequencing-topics.aspx

/Znack
    • Proposed as answer by znack Tuesday, May 12, 2009 7:17 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Saturday, November 17, 2012 3:34 PM
    Thursday, May 7, 2009 4:31 AM
  • That article pertains to a program that is hardcoded to install to the "C:\" directory.  My app allows you to change the "C:\MyApp" but the "C:\program files\MyApp" is hardcoded.  What I think I will try on Monday is to change the make everything install to "C:\Program files\MyApp" directory and then monitor that directory instead of a folder on the Q:\ drive.  I've found with other apps that it is best to monitor the actual install directory when no configuration is allowed to redirect the install directory.

Everything just clicked all of a sudden for me and I had some major breakthrus on Friday.  When you figure this software out it really is amazing the flexibility and centralized management it gives you. 
    Saturday, May 9, 2009 2:33 PM
  • We are now able to launch our application but now we receive a "not enough disk space" error message.  The error message is specific to the application.  Is there anything in the App-V console that limits the amount of cache space for the application?

Wednesday, May 13, 2009 7:06 PM
  • Hello,

Well, there is a setting under the File System tab if you choose Properties on the Client-node in the APP-V Client Console.

It could be worth check out.

See documentation here;
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc817182.aspx

/Znack
    • Proposed as answer by znack Thursday, May 14, 2009 4:44 AM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Saturday, November 17, 2012 3:34 PM
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 4:44 AM