Configuring ODBC connection in PerformancePoint Server Dashboard Designer RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We have two servers here, one running MS Windows 2003 and PerformancePoint Server Dashboard Designer and another server running Linux and Oracle 10g.

Those machines are in different networks, and use TCP/IP to communicate.

My goal is to create a data source (ODBC) in PerformancePoint Server Dashboard Designer that connect to my Oracle DB.

I´m tryng the follows strings:
    Driver={Microsoft ODBC for Oracle};Server=<server name>;Uid=username;Pwd=password;

and

Driver={Oracle in OraClient10g_home1};Server=<server name>;Uid=username;Pwd=password;

in both cases I recieve:

"The PerformancePoint Server could not connect to the specified data source. Verify that either the current user or application pool user has Read permissions to the data source, depending on your security configuration. Also verify that all required connection information is provided and correct."

I read a lot of information about that error but no one can work in my scenario since the other machine is using Linux/Oracle.

Is there any way to create a ODBC connection in PPS DD that doesn´t need to use Windows Authentication?

Thanks in advance,

FBertaglia

Fatec-SP // Processemanto de Dados
    Friday, February 6, 2009 7:17 PM

Answers

• Hello Felipe,

Dashboard Designer requires Windows authentication to connect to any data source. Unfortunately I have not heard of any workaround for this at this time.

Thanks,
    Jon Thomas
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by AseemN Monday, February 9, 2009 5:19 PM
    Friday, February 6, 2009 7:45 PM

All replies

• Hello Felipe,

Dashboard Designer requires Windows authentication to connect to any data source. Unfortunately I have not heard of any workaround for this at this time.

Thanks,
    Jon Thomas
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by AseemN Monday, February 9, 2009 5:19 PM
    Friday, February 6, 2009 7:45 PM
  • Hello Jon,

I guess we will use another solution then.

Thanks in advance,

FBertaglia

Fatec-SP // Processemanto de Dados
    Monday, February 9, 2009 1:43 PM