none
Working Elsewhere not showing in the Outlook 2016 Scheduling Assistant

Question

• I have a customer trying to use the option working elsewhere to alert others that she is not in the office and working elsewhere.  Although she chooses that, it still does not show when people attempt to see her free/busy time in the scheduling assistant.  Has anyone had any success using this feature?

We are using Outlook 2016.

Liela M. Fuller

Thursday, December 6, 2018 11:48 PM

All replies

• Hi Liela M. Fuller,

As far as I know, this is by design that no free/busy information will display if you choose Working Elsewhere. Please refer to this article.

A fix is being deployed in the service. In the meantime, you can use Outlook Web App (OWA) to schedule the meeting as a workaround or you can ask the user in Exchange Online with Working Elsewhere availability to switch it to Free or Busy.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, December 7, 2018 5:13 AM
  • Hi Liela M. Fuller,

I'm writing to see if the information above is useful to you.

If it answered your question, it is recommended to mark it as answer which will benefit other forum members a lot.

Have a nice day!

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, December 11, 2018 7:38 AM
  • Hi Liela M. Fuller,

Does the reply work for you?

If you have further concern, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Friday, December 14, 2018 7:46 AM