field code entry for page number is showing in TOC RRS feed

• Question

• I have inserted field codes to include titles in my table of contents. The coding identifies it as "HIDDEN" so that the page number does not show in the TOC. Office 2007 and older worked perfectly. Now in 2010 the page numbes and leaders are showing in the TOC.

Here is an example of the code.  { TC.."Session 1 - About Microsoft Excel"\l 1\n } This should indicate the Heading "Session 1 - About Microsoft Excel" should show in the TOC as a Level 1 heading, but the page number should be suppressed.

I've taken the code out and inserted a new one from INsert tab - Quick Parts - Field Code - TC. But the number  and dotted leader still shows.

I am no longer using the beta version of 2010 but a full retail copy. The document was originally created in Word 2007 PRO.

Wednesday, July 7, 2010 3:05 PM

All replies

• Hey Laurie,

I was able to reproduce this issue, but I don't know of any workarounds.  If you need to find a workaround, the only suggestion I have is to create a support case to look into this behavior.

Brandon

Monday, July 12, 2010 11:42 PM
  • Thanks Brandon

I contacted Microsoft last week and worked with tech support for a bit. They said they would call me back. That was almost a week ago.  :\  

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 12:07 PM
  • You're welcome Laurie,

I don't know that there will be a workaround, but I can submit this behavior to the product group so they are aware of the issue.  We can't say for sure anything will happen with it, at the least though they will know about it.

Brandon

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 4:11 PM