none
Using IPsec for DPM Traffic RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to encapsulate DPM traffic using IPSec policies?

We have a number of servers that are seperated by a cisco asa firewall from our DPM server and our network team are not keen on opening up the 16,000 dynamic ports used by DCOM for the comms between the DPM client agents and our DPM server. I have looked at locking down the DCOM port range but even then our security team are still not keen. Ideally if I can encrypt the DPM comms using IPSec then we will not have to open up a massive hole in the firewall.

Anyone tried this or have any other ideas?

Microsoft Partner

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 3:42 PM

All replies

• Hi,

It is possible.

See this post from Mike Jacquet : http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/dataprotectionmanager/thread/2575db35-658e-40cf-b851-8cf19c36bc84/

Stephane.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties. knowledge is valid only if it is shared by All.

My DPM blog Yet Another DPM Blog

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 4:26 PM
  • Hi, Thanks I have read that post but it is specific for "all" traffic. I only want to tunnel DPM traffic through IPsec. Is this possible? If so does anyone have any experience or links to further information?

Microsoft Partner

Monday, February 4, 2013 11:17 AM