I hate Mac I want to configure myself RRS feed

• Question

• Hi. I'm sorry if I am a little violent, but even when I have the W7 beta from a while, I only installed it recently because of a lot of trouble with my work and my PC.

hat I see first is a very good loking OS (I use XP, never Vista) but a Mac-like OS... it is, I can't configure almost anything as I like. I mean: space between icons, fonts, applications background, and so. As I can do with XP. Maybe there is a lot of hidden functions (like every other OS) but I can't find anything.

OK, it's my first post and I have to see Windows 7 is faster than any OS I tried. Even I can fly with FSX, I can't do this in XP, and I can't even use Vista as OS.

Thanks and sorry for my bad english.

---------------------------------------------

Intel Celeron 420 1.6 RAM 2 Gb nVidia 7300GS

Friday, March 20, 2009 5:18 PM

Answers

• You say space between icons, where is that in XP?

As for backgrounds you can do that in 7. Right click on Desktop and go to Personalize,  and change Desktop Background at the bottom OR Control Panel > Change desktop background (under Appearance and Personaliztion)
    Fonts you can easily make larger by Right click on Deskto and go to Screen Resolution then Make text and other items larger or smaller.  As far as specifying text go to Personalize and click on Window Color to change it like you would in XP (I think, I know it's the case with Aero off, not sure how the window looks with Aero on)
    • Proposed as answer by The Tron Friday, March 20, 2009 8:43 PM
    • Marked as answer by Ronnie VernonMVP Saturday, March 21, 2009 12:07 AM
    Friday, March 20, 2009 6:44 PM
  • Hi Dr Gerry

Coming straight from XP to Win7 can be traumatic.  :)

You can get to the same Window Color and Appearance options that you used in XP.

Right click the Desktop and select Personalize.

Click the Window Color option at the bottom of the screen.

On the next screen, select the Advanced Appearance Settings link.

Hope this helps.

Thank You for testing Windows 7 Beta

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    Friday, March 20, 2009 7:25 PM

All replies

• You say space between icons, where is that in XP?

As for backgrounds you can do that in 7. Right click on Desktop and go to Personalize,  and change Desktop Background at the bottom OR Control Panel > Change desktop background (under Appearance and Personaliztion)
    Fonts you can easily make larger by Right click on Deskto and go to Screen Resolution then Make text and other items larger or smaller.  As far as specifying text go to Personalize and click on Window Color to change it like you would in XP (I think, I know it's the case with Aero off, not sure how the window looks with Aero on)
    • Proposed as answer by The Tron Friday, March 20, 2009 8:43 PM
    • Marked as answer by Ronnie VernonMVP Saturday, March 21, 2009 12:07 AM
    Friday, March 20, 2009 6:44 PM
  • Hi Dr Gerry

Coming straight from XP to Win7 can be traumatic.  :)

You can get to the same Window Color and Appearance options that you used in XP.

Right click the Desktop and select Personalize.

Click the Window Color option at the bottom of the screen.

On the next screen, select the Advanced Appearance Settings link.

Hope this helps.

Thank You for testing Windows 7 Beta

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    Friday, March 20, 2009 7:25 PM
  •  Ronnie provided the answer, but I didn't?

I sure wish I were a mod so I could mark myself as the answer...
    Friday, March 20, 2009 8:43 PM
  •  YES!

Here is. I know Microsoft don't fail me :D

Yes, it is what I look for. Thanks.

@The Tron: go to where Ronnie say, you can find it. The same as in XP and, as I remember, in W98.

Well. I think I have to change the title...

Thanks again. I'm loving W7 more and more.
    Friday, March 20, 2009 9:28 PM