Problem with Oracle Database MP from Bridgeways RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I have some Oracle-databases I monitor using a MP from Bridgeways. The servers are located in another domain, and communicate via a gateway-server. After I upgraded the MP to ver 3, I lost all connectivity. All Oracle-servers have status Not Monitored, and all data in the console is gone - no instances, databases - all empty.

I've verified that I'm able to reach ther servers. The SCOM-agent is healthy, and OS-monitoring works fine. I've been in contact with Bridgeways-support, and they have not reached a conclusion. They verify that my license is valid, and I've reinstalled the MP nad followed all troubleshooting tips from Bridgeways to no avail.

Has anyone experienced the same or similar problems with this (or other) MP's?

TIA
    Rune Haugen
    ATEA ASA
    Norway

Tuesday, January 8, 2013 1:58 PM

Answers

• Do you see any warning/error events in the Operations Manager log on these agents? Almost sounds like something to do with Runas accounts/profiles, if nothing is being discovered. If you had re-installed the MP, the Runas account association to the Runas profile would have been lost, and needs to be configured again. Try restarting one of the agents and monitor the Operations Manager event log for a few minutes, let us know what you see.

Jonathan Almquist | SCOMskills, LLC (http://scomskills.com)

• Proposed as answer by Nicholas Li Monday, January 28, 2013 10:06 AM
    • Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Monday, February 4, 2013 9:45 AM
    Wednesday, January 23, 2013 5:19 PM

All replies

• One clarifying question:  Is this for Oracle running on Windows, or Oracle running on a Linux or UNIX operating system?  In other words, you are able to reach the servers, and the OpsMgr agent is health, but what OS are the servers running?

Michael Kelley, Lead Program Manager, System Center Cross Platform

Tuesday, January 8, 2013 5:10 PM
  • Hi!

Oracle is running on Windows 2003 server. The servers are healthy in SCOM

Best regards
    Rune Haugen
    ATEA ASA
    Norway

Wednesday, January 9, 2013 2:09 PM
  • Hi,

Please try clearing the HealthService queue on the agent and see if it works:

1. Stop System Center Management service.
    2. Go to C:\Program Files\System Center Operations Manager 2007\, and rename the “Health Service State” folder.
    3. Restart System Center Management service.

If the issue persists, please check the Event Log on the servers and see if there are any related errors.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Nicholas Li
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, January 10, 2013 9:52 AM
  • Hi!

I've tried clearing the Healthservice queue, but it didn't solve my problem. Any further tips for me?

Best regards
    Rune

Thursday, January 17, 2013 12:00 PM
  • Do you see any warning/error events in the Operations Manager log on these agents? Almost sounds like something to do with Runas accounts/profiles, if nothing is being discovered. If you had re-installed the MP, the Runas account association to the Runas profile would have been lost, and needs to be configured again. Try restarting one of the agents and monitor the Operations Manager event log for a few minutes, let us know what you see.

Jonathan Almquist | SCOMskills, LLC (http://scomskills.com)

• Proposed as answer by Nicholas Li Monday, January 28, 2013 10:06 AM
    • Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Monday, February 4, 2013 9:45 AM
    Wednesday, January 23, 2013 5:19 PM