none
Error in creating reporting services based report in PPS dashboard. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,
    I am trying to create a report in PPS 2007 based on an existing SSRS report but getting error
    "Unable exceptions has occurred in your application.
    Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.ReportViewer.WinForms,Version=9.0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,PUblicKeyToken=b03f57f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."

I tried installing Microsoft Report Viewer Redistributable 2005 but it doesn't seem to be working. Here is the configuration on server
    Windows Server 2003 SP2
    SQL Server 2005, Analysis, reporting, integration services

What may be causing this issue?
    Thanks in advance.

Monday, April 20, 2009 4:38 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello Ksean,

This error you are seeing is because the client computer using Dashboard Designer does not have Report Viewer installed on it. I would install the latest Report Viewer version to the client machine that is receiving this error message.

Thanks,
    Jon Thomas

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Monday, April 20, 2009 9:02 PM
  • Hi all,

We faced similar situation when we tried to import the SSRS report into PPS dashboard and we got the same error.
    we tried to install the latest report viewer version but no luck. At last we created a Web Page report and copied the report server URL to the webpage report and that solved our problem temporarily.

Jon: We faced this problem while installing PPS in two machines (BOTH PPS and SSRS are installed on the same box in two machines). On one of the machines upon reconfiguration of PPS we solved the problem. But in another machine the problem still exists. We noticed that upon configuration the Report viewer component is not configuring. Please could you let me know why this is happening ?

Thanks,

Regards,
    Ram

Tuesday, April 21, 2009 8:18 AM
  • Hello Jon,
    Thanks for the reply. Ours is a dev machine with both SSRS and PPS installed. The report viewer link you provided is for XP and Vista. As mentioned earlier the server OS is Windows Server 2003. Hence I installed the 2005 version of report viewer
    (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=8a166cac-758d-45c8-b637-dd7726e61367&displaylang=en).

Do you think Microsoft Report Viewer Redistributable 2008 component should also be installed?
    Tuesday, April 21, 2009 9:21 AM
  • We received that same error after going to SP2 for PPS 2007.  We solved this by installing Microsoft Report Viewer Redistributable 2008  or you should be fine if you have BIDS 2008 installed on your workstation also.

I believe this is most likely because of the support added to SP2 for SSRS 2008 and the additional references needed.
    Dan English's BI Blog
    • Proposed as answer by Dan English Tuesday, April 21, 2009 11:48 AM
    Tuesday, April 21, 2009 11:46 AM
  • Hey Dan,
    Thanks for the reply.
    I am not sure if this will work in our case. Microsoft Report Viewer Redistributable 2008   is for XP and Vista and not for Windows server 2003(OS on dev machine).
    Any other suggestions are welcome.

Thanks
    Tuesday, April 21, 2009 12:57 PM
  • It supports the other OS as well.  I should have provided the updated link that includes the SP1 -- Microsoft Report Viewer 2008 SP1 Redistributable.
    Dan English's BI Blog
    • Marked as answer by K Sean Monday, July 13, 2009 3:57 PM
    Tuesday, April 21, 2009 1:03 PM
  • Thanks a ton Dan.
    That will surely solve my problem.

Regards
    Tuesday, April 21, 2009 1:24 PM