NPObjects error RRS feed

• Question

• I have an error message that keeps occuring everytime I move from screen to screen.  It comes up as NPObject and there are two screens that say that.  But I need an answer that I can understand.  I don't understand previous answers because i am not a programer.  I am just a regular person trying to use a computer.  Please help me get rid of this.  Also, it is putting my computer at risk.

Sunday, February 10, 2013 7:22 PM

Answers

• Hi,

NPObject is an "interface" to any "foreign" code exposed through the browser (foreign, as in foreign to JavaScript, otherwise it may be browser's own objects, like the global window object for example). The embedded Flash plugin would certainly implement this "interface" (so the browser sees it as just another NPObject).

This issue seems more related to programming.  You can test the issue in Clean Boot mode.

Hope this helps.

Spencer
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Spencer Xi Friday, February 22, 2013 4:00 AM
    Tuesday, February 12, 2013 3:51 AM

All replies

• Can you link me to the other answer? And can you also take a screenshot of the error message for me?

If you don't know how to take a screenshot of your screen, look for the "Print Scr" button on your laptop when you see the error message. It also may say "Prt Sc". Now type "mspaint" into Start Menu, and open it. Hit "Ctrl+V" and paste it into paint. Now save that to your desktop, and upload it to an image sharing website, then paste the link here.

Sunday, February 10, 2013 7:46 PM
  • Hi,

NPObject is an "interface" to any "foreign" code exposed through the browser (foreign, as in foreign to JavaScript, otherwise it may be browser's own objects, like the global window object for example). The embedded Flash plugin would certainly implement this "interface" (so the browser sees it as just another NPObject).

This issue seems more related to programming.  You can test the issue in Clean Boot mode.

Hope this helps.

Spencer
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Spencer Xi Friday, February 22, 2013 4:00 AM
    Tuesday, February 12, 2013 3:51 AM