Windows 8 / 8.1 is a disaster. RRS feed

• General discussion

• This is O/S for cell phones & tablets. As a normal computer user, you can forget it.

Media player play less as Windows 7 version.

You get snipping tool icon on a start menu, but you cannot use it on a start menu!!

If I need to play “not supported” files, I must install other codecs, and strange programs.

For what I need Windows then?

Who need “clouds” if 4 TB disk you get for $160???

If you are in Europe, you can get no en-us Windows 8.1 update as download over Microsoft Store.

If you get Windows 8.1 disk from Microsoft Store – this is still any en-us version - you cannot install it – your Windows 8 key do not work!!!!!

I don’t know. Microsoft is very strong working on own grave.

Fancy colors & Mickey Mouse operating system.

Thank you, Microsoft.

• Changed type ZigZag3143x Saturday, November 16, 2013 9:35 PM Not a question
    Saturday, November 16, 2013 7:04 PM

All replies

• 1. No one could prevent you from using Windows 7 or any open world alternative.

2. You could test Windows 8 in pre RTM and decide. There were various articles that came with positives and negatives.

3. Hope that people will test your findings and either confirm it or denied it.

Regards

Milos

• Edited by Milos Puchta Saturday, November 16, 2013 8:00 PM
    Saturday, November 16, 2013 7:26 PM
  • Milos,

I awaited from Microsoft more than repainted Windows.

I know, what I can decide, and what no.

I awaited form Microsoft absolute top product.

And I tell every time what I think.

I am very, very disappointed.

Jacek

Saturday, November 16, 2013 8:32 PM
  • Windows 8.1 is Update for Windows 8.

Right? Right.

Microsoft Store sell as called Windows 8.1 Backup DVD – this is in the matter of fact nothing other, as pure Windows 8.1 DVD.

Right? Right.

Explain me, if you can:

“How is possible, that Windows 8.1 reject Windows 8 key while beginning of installation”????

Must I with right hand hold my left ear while I type Windows key????

Or with my left hand hold my right ear?

I give you a tip: DO NOT WORK.

Any other idea? Thank you at advance.

Jacek

Sunday, November 17, 2013 1:51 AM
  • 1. Windows 8.x is update from Vista. Vista is 6.0 and Windows 8.1 is 6.3. The basic part of kernel is the same.

2. I have not problem when updating from Windows 8. Update process was very long. It seemed like replacing many parts of original operating system. I did not need to use any activation key. Be aware that some versions are not upgradeable, namely Enterprise and that version which is using KMS.

3. I understand your emotions but give a try to Microsoft support.

Regards

Milos

Sunday, November 17, 2013 9:14 AM
  • Milos,

Every upgrade is a matter of time. Install Windows 8 and update it on Windows 8.1 is a matter of hours.

As many people I prefer clean install from a last version.

Try to install Windows 8.1 from a DVD so called “backup DVD” Microsoft sell to their customers, with your Windows 8 serial.

Instead of to tell me a story’s.

Insert Windows 8.1 DVD into optical drive, reboot computer from it, and type your Windows 8 serial, ok?

I don’t want any stories. I need better Windows, instead a worse one.

Write here and now “this is an issue” “I’m sorry” “next time we make it better”.

Jacek

Sunday, November 17, 2013 12:38 PM
  • The disaster is working good for me maybe take your 'puter to a retailer and have them show you how to configure your media.

Hope this truly helps

Have a great day

Sunday, November 17, 2013 2:31 PM
  • Next story.
    Sunday, November 17, 2013 3:36 PM