Do I need the System Reserve partition with PosReady 7 x64? RRS feed

• Question

• I am working with a company building a PosReady 7 x64 image.  They want to partition the drive and mirror it for redundancy.  Their requirements are simple and I am trying to understand if I need the System Reserve partition.  They will not be doing bitlocker or using any of the system restore functionality.  Thoughts???

Sir Robert Michael Murray Sr.

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 1:07 PM

All replies

• Bitlocker is there weather you want it or not. Maybe this might help: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/gg441289.aspx

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WE8S, Pro Guide to WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 3:38 PM
  • Thank you for your answer and I understand BitLocker will always be there however if I am not going to leverage that functionality then do I still need the System Reserve section in my hard drive?

Sir Robert Michael Murray Sr.

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 1:20 PM
  • Technically, it is not needed. In WES7 and WE8S, we can build images without Bitlocker and there is no reserved partition created. As the TechNet article points out, it takes a little work to remove it.

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WE8S, Pro Guide to WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

• Proposed as answer by Sean LimingMVP Thursday, August 29, 2013 9:33 PM
    Wednesday, August 28, 2013 4:44 PM