none
How are the c:\Program Files\Microsoft DPM\DPM\Volumes\Replica\File System\vol_ directories locked down? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Even as an administrator on the DPM server, I cannot drill down into subdirectories of c:\Program Files\Microsoft DPM\DPM\Volumes\Replica\File System\vol_ . . For example: c:\Program Files\Microsoft DPM\DPM\Volumes\Replica\File System\vol_9fd89f55-92d7-469b-9196-c7d5e0d07943\2401168f-0a90-46ff-b719-9aa6bf817c5f\Full\.  I get access is denied.  I think this is by design, that DPM is designed to only allow access to these files through the interface. 

Is that true? 

Would there be ANY way for someone to gain access to these files, either from the DPM server itself, or from <DPMServer>\c$?

Thanks,
    Casie

Saturday, April 19, 2014 8:50 PM

All replies

• Hi,

In most cases you can access them from an administrative command prompt.  If you still get access denied you perform the following:

1)      Download psexec.exe from www.sysinternals.com
    2)      Run PSEXEC -s cmd.exe   (this will switch window to system context)
    3)      Afterwards - type WHOAMI it should return:

nt authority\system

4)  Now CD to the replica volume under program files\Microsoft DPM\DPM\Volumes\replica\...

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Saturday, April 19, 2014 11:20 PM