none
error imceaex

    Question

  • Hello,

    I am conducting cross forest migration and am facing some email back problems.

    One way around the problem has been asking users to clean up the outlook cache and has resolved, the problem is that it is a migration continues , there can be done at once , every time I migrate groups or users the error recurs and has been very inconvenient this factor .

    I researched in some places and TechNet and what I found was creating a x500 record in emailaddress group or mailbox , the problem that even with that the error has not been resolved .

    PS C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V15\Scripts> Get-DistributionGroup group | fl emailaddresses


    EmailAddresses            : {X500:/o=old_domain/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=group, smtp:group@old_domain.br, 
                                SMTP:group@new_domain.br}

    In the old domain before migrating check the legacyExchangeDN :

    /o=old_domain/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=group218

    new domain the legacyExchangeDN :

    LegacyExchangeDN : /o=new_domain/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=e95ada51c369474fbd5634b0eabf2b85-group

    The error:

    Diagnostic information for administrators :
    Gerando servidor: mail.domain.com
    IMCEAEX-_o=old_domain_ou=Exchange+20Administrative+20Group+20+28FYDIBOHF23SPDLT+29_cn=group@new_domain.com
    Remote Server returned '550 5.1.11 RESOLVER.ADR.ExRecipNotFound; Recipient not found by Exchange Legacy encapsulated email address lookup'
    Original message headers:
    Received: from mail.domain.com (x.x.x.x) by mail.domain.com
     (x.x.x.x) with Microsoft SMTP Server (TLS) id 15.1.225.42; Wed, 10 Aug
     2016 17:12:23 -0300
    Received: from mail.domain.com ([fe80::d1ca:61f0:2bb2:a05a]) by
     mail.domain.com ([fe80::d1ca:61f0:2bb2:a05a%19]) with mapi id
     15.01.0225.041; Wed, 10 Aug 2016 17:12:23 -0300
    Content-Type: application/ms-tnef; name="winmail.dat"
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary
    From: Administrator <administrator@new_domain.com>
    To: group <group@new_domain.com>
    Subject: 17:12
    Thread-Topic: 17:12
    Thread-Index: AdHzQ398lh6ygReeQJGHCvzM+FwP3g==
    Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2016 17:12:23 -0300
    Message-ID: <9e03c573a2bc492b80035b98fb017057@new_domain.com>
    Accept-Language: pt-BR, en-US
    Content-Language: pt-BR
    X-MS-Has-Attach: yes
    X-MS-TNEF-Correlator: <9e03c573a2bc492b80035b98fb017057@new_domain.com>
    MIME-Version: 1.0
    X-Originating-IP: [10.2.3.18]
    Return-Path: administrator@new_domain.com

    I've tried to create the x500 record in the same way the error:

    x500:/o=New_domain/ou=ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=group@new_domain.com

    thanks

    Fernando do Vale


    Wednesday, August 10, 2016 8:38 PM

Answers

  • Hi Fernando, 

    try that approach: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2807779

    Originally it's for a migration to the cloud, but it does work for in-premises, too.

    usually, the rule to create the additional recipient can be added via Powershell once you know which legacydn is on the source user, you did migrate.

    Let me know if it helped.

    Regards,
    Martin

    Wednesday, August 10, 2016 8:47 PM

All replies

  • Hi Fernando, 

    try that approach: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2807779

    Originally it's for a migration to the cloud, but it does work for in-premises, too.

    usually, the rule to create the additional recipient can be added via Powershell once you know which legacydn is on the source user, you did migrate.

    Let me know if it helped.

    Regards,
    Martin

    Wednesday, August 10, 2016 8:47 PM
  • Hello Gudel,

    I had tried this link

    The NDR error:

    MCEAEX-_o=old_domain_ou=Exchange+20Administrative+20Group+20+28FYDIBOHF23SPDLT+29_cn=group@new_domain.com

    The emailaddresses configuration:

    X500:/o=old_domain/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=group@new_domain.com

    This time i'm deleted the sufixe, but previously was with the sufixe.

    Thanks.


    Wednesday, August 10, 2016 8:56 PM
  • Hello,

    I now saw something , the error ed does not have " recipients " , I try to change, and test.

    thanks.

    Wednesday, August 10, 2016 8:58 PM