Windows Vista error code 80070241 RRS feed

• Question

• This is what I have for a system.  Gigabyte Mobo GA-K8NSC-939.  2Gig memory, 1 IDE 80 Gig drive, Raedon 256K display card.  This same setup runs the 32 bit vista system with out any problems.

It has the capability to run the 64 bit system.  I keep getting the above error code when trying to do the install.  Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Saturday, June 17, 2006 7:47 PM

Answers

• Just download again.

I had the same problem. 

It works just fine now.

Friday, June 23, 2006 5:31 AM

All replies

• I receive the same error code trying "update" and "custom" install options installing 32-bit version from DVD burned using Nero 7 - installing to a 1-year old Compaq AMD-based laptop running XP Pro SP2.
    Sunday, June 18, 2006 10:09 PM
  • This happens with a corrupted download. I'm having the same problem.
    Can anyone post a md5 or something of a working vista iso? (32 bit, x86, english)
    Thanks.
    Tuesday, June 20, 2006 4:37 PM
  • Apparently is not a download problem, i have downloaded and burned the dvd with dvd decrypter, Ive tried to install it into a dell inspiron 600m with 2 gig ram and 2ghz centrino, it gave the same error, but when i tried to install into a clone machine, with an asus motherboard, with pIV 3ghz, 1gig ram, installed perfectly, but it didnt run ,, im kind of frustrated with this,, anyone has any clues of solving this issue

thanks a lot

JC

Thursday, June 22, 2006 11:13 PM
  • Just download again.

I had the same problem. 

It works just fine now.

Friday, June 23, 2006 5:31 AM