ISA 2006 failed to import XML configuration file during silent installation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I used the following command line to install ISA Server 2006 Standard, but the command line installation failed to import the .xml configuration file. After installed the ISA Server, I can manually import this .xml from UI. So xml configuration file itself should not be a problem. I think the setup can not import the file. How could I import a xml configuration file from the command line? Need help!!!

Thanks,

Dave

The command line is like

Start /wait C:\ISA_2006_Std\FPC\setup.exe /v" /qb FULLPATHANSWERFILE=\"C:\ISA_2006.ini\""  

And the ISA2006.ini looks like:

;;
    ;;
    ;; This file is a sample answer file to be used during unattended installation.
    ;; To perform an unattended installation, copy this file, modify it with the required settings,
    ;; and run the file from the command line. For example: <cd>\FPC\setup.exe /v"/qb FULLPATHANSWERFILE=\"c:\msisaund.ini\""
    ;;
    ;;

[Setup Property Assignment]

;; PIDKEY specifies the product key. This is the 25-character number located on the back of the ISA Server CD-ROM case.
    ;PIDKEY=12345ABCDE12345ABCDE12345
    PIDKEY=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

;; INTERNALNETRANGES specifies the range of IP addresses in the Internal network.
    ;; At least one IP address must be specified, or unattended setup will fail.
    ;; The syntax is: N From1-To1,From2-To2, ... FromN-ToN
    ;; Where N is the number of ranges, and FromI an ToI are the starting and ending addresses in each range.
    ;INTERNALNETRANGES=3 10.0.0.0-10.255.255.255,172.16.0.0-172.31.255.255,192.168.0.0-192.168.255.255
    INTERNALNETRANGES=1 192.168.1.0-192.168.1.255

;; SUPPORT_EARLIER_CLIENTS allows Firewall clients running earlier version of the Firewall client software to connect to ISA Server.
    ;; By default, these clients are blocked. When upgrading from ISA2000, the default is that these clients are allowed.
    ;; To allow these clients to connect to ISA Server, set SUPPORT_EARLIER_CLIENTS to 1.
    ;SUPPORT_EARLIER_CLIENTS=1

;; INSTALLDIR specifies the product installation directory.
    ;; The default installation folder is %ProgramFiles%\Microsoft ISA Server.
    ;INSTALLDIR=C:\Program Files\Microsoft ISA Server

;; COMPANYNAME specifies the name of the company installing the product.
    ;COMPANYNAME=Microsoft Corporation

;; DONOTDELLOGS should be set to 1 if log files should not be deleted.
    ;; If not specified, the default setting (0) is used, and log files are deleted.
    ;DONOTDELLOGS=1

;; DONOTDELCACHE should set to 1 if cache files should not be deleted.
    ;; If not specified, the default setting (0) is used, and cache files are deleted.
    ;DONOTDELCACHE=1

;; ADDLOCAL specifies a list of features, delimited by commas, that will be installed on the computer.
    ;; The following features can be installed using ADDLOCAL: MSFirewall_Management, MSFirewall_Services, MSDE.
    ;; To install all features on the computer, use ADDLOCAL=ALL.
    ;; If you do not specify ADDLOCAL, the following features are installed by default: MSFirewall_Management, MSFirewall_Services, MSDE.
    ;; In the example below, MSDE is not installed.
    ADDLOCAL=ALL

;; REMOVE specifies is a list of features, delimited by commas, that will be removed during reinstall.
    ;; The following features can be removed using REMOVE: MSFirewall_Management, MSFirewall_Services, MSDE.
    ;; Note that if you use REMOVE=ALL, the installer removes all features.
    ;REMOVE=MSFirewall_Services

;; IMPORT_CONFIG_FILE specifies the full path to the configuration file for import.
    ;; This configuration file should be an XML file generated by the ISA Server export feature or migration tool.
    ;; For more information, see import and export information in ISA Server help.
    ;IMPORT_CONFIG_FILE=c:\My Config Files\My_Isa_Config.xml

IMPORT_CONFIG_FILE=c:\My_Isa_Config.xml
    Friday, July 27, 2007 12:21 AM

All replies